1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My roommate just asked how to use my Brita pitcher...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankyPants, Sep 15, 2008.

1. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    "Umm, you put water in the top." :confused: :rolleyes: :eyebrow:

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Don't you need to put a live newt in the filtration system?

3. Have you already performed the Hecate purification ritual to expel any evil filtration spirits? Better double check, those buggers are tiny and make your water taste like pee.

4. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Will, where is your sig from? It cracks me up everytime. :)

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    In order to properly calibrate your Brita water filter you first have run the water across the body of a nude sexy Asian chick. When certain features on the sexy Asian chick's body are standing to full attention then you know your jug is fully calibrated.

6. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Oh man! I want THAT filter!

The problem with all of the hot Asian chicks here is that most don't speak any English. Spanky's love knows no language, but they don't know that.

7. Kevbroce

Kevbroce

Dec 14, 2005
    Chico, Ca
    Reminds me of the time one of my roommates vacuumed my back patio with my brand new Hoover... I've never seen concrete that clean!

8. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I had to show a guy in my fraternity how to use a standard mop and bucket . . . twice.

9. I ran into some people today that didn't know Kansas was a state.

10. Sifl

Sifl

May 14, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I've met people who thought Montana was part of Canada.

11. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    What is wrong with people? How? AAAAHHH never mind. Mr. O you have far more patience than I do sir.

12. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I live with a dufus for a roommate too. This kid is a complete buffoon. Here's some things off the top of my head -

1) He wants to keep the air conditioning on at 73 degrees all night, when it's 65 outside. Doesn't understand that it will cool his room off quicker opening a window and putting a fan in it. He also takes at least 3 - 20 minute showers per day. Must not understand the concept of energy use = money.

2) "Do you know where the lint trap on the dryer is?"

3) He got a new computer and wanted to connect to the network, so I asked him if he plugged it into the router. He said "I can't do that, I don't have a WIRELESS card"... I didn't know you needed a wireless card to use a wire!!

And yes, his computer DID have an ethernet card.

4) I almost forgot this one.. we're at Best Buy with his new computer and I said "Sweet, it has a DVD burner." His reply - "Does that mean I can't burn CD's?"

:help:

13. Oh, one of those chicks. I don't suppose I want to know which features you mean. :atoz:

14. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Try doing tech support.

I encounter people who buy audio gear and don't know what "input" and "output" mean. :meh:

15. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I played with a gee-tard who had that same issue.

16. My roommate once asked why his internet was so slow. I told him ne needed a shorter cord. "The longer the cord," I told him "the longer the internet takes to get to from the wall to your computer."

I was thought that dental floss was grown in montana, and that people rode around with ZICON-ENCRUSTED tweezers on a moonlighty night.

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I fail to see why that is a problem. ;)

EDIT: For proper calibration, read the instructions written in Mandarin, Korean, and Japanese. Simply match the sexy asian chick with the correlated language. ;)

18. Its from the opening track on Patton Oswalt's latest comedy album, Werewolves and Lollipops

You can see a clip of the bit here.

19. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    I dont get it.

20. your roommate sounds like he has a lot of blond moments! :eyebrow: