Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Roscoe...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Mar 31, 2003.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Well I finally got motivated and took a few pics of my LG3000. Sorry for the crappy quality, but these were the best pictures of the figuring in the top.
    [​IMG]

2. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
  3. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
  4. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Nice one Adron, congrats.;)

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You've got a killer Roscoe there, Adron. It plays like a beast; and what a price you got it at, eh?

6. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Thanks guys. It's taken me three months, but I'm really starting to warm up to this bass. I've always loved the look, but wasn't crazy about the tone. Something magic happened the other day, though, and this one's definitely a keeper.

7. Congrats, man!

Roscoes and tone...they DO go together. I love the tone of my Roscoe fretless 5.

8. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

That's a beautiful bass, but those first two pictures were like looking at an upside down map.

It's gorgeous. The LG body shape is beginning to really grow on me. May you both make beautiful music together.

BTW: Is that a one peice maple burl top?

9. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Nope, not a 1 piece top...it's a perfectly bookmatched set of what I think is burl maple, but it's got a lot of flame and bird's-eye thrown in, too. And the grey streaks leading under the bridge actually look to me like it was beginning to spalt. A little bit of everything! You can't see it, but the headstock is very flamey and has some nice bird's-eye as well.

10. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    yeah, that's an awesome bass and all, but when is the FBB going to be up and running?!!