my sadowsky nickels

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fenderx55, Oct 10, 2005.

1. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    I just broke my d string. However, it occured as i was about to say, "you know, these strings lasted a while and they sound just as good as they did once they settled in." ::slap the e pop the d, neck looses tension:: "***?" :bawl: i'm gonna have to replace it with a random d till i have some spare cash. regardless, i love these strings. this could be the most dubius good review ever.
  2. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I ordered 5 sets of Sadowsky stainless steels at the same time as I ordered my Sadowsky bass. They are very excellent soundwise, and the touch is good, but they die very quickly in my use. Not good. About 3-4 weeks of active playing, and they are dead. I have two more sets to go, then I will get something else. It's a pity, Sadowsky strings were affordable.

Btw, who makes Sadowsky strings? D'addario?
  3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    R. Cocco makes them.

I think the stainless strings are great, but I didn't like the nickels, fenderx55@yahoo ... I'll sell you a lightly used set of regular guauge sadowsky nickels for $10. Send me a PM if you want them.
  4. I'm having very good luck with DR Hi Beams on my Sadowsky... plenty of sizzle... a little smoother feeling than other stainless steel strings, and at least in my situation, they last a long time. Of course, the extreme brightness comes off them pretty quickly like any SS roundwound, but they seem to hold that 'after one gig' sound for a good long time.
  5. Bob Bl.

Bob Bl.

May 1, 2003
    I had a similar experience with the Sado nickel rounds. A month or so of very moderate, non-abusive, mostly fingerstyle playing, and "boink!" The D string broke. I haven't broken a bass string for over 25 years.

It was at the start of a rehearsal, and I just played the rest of the evening without the D string. For some reason, it was really fun - we were going over some very familiar material (breaking in a new band member or two), and this made me THINK instead of just going thru the motions. And it impressed the hell out of my bandmates!