My Sam Ash experience

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    So I cancelled an order with Sam Ash at the end of Feburary for an Ernie Ball Stingray5 because Guitar Center was having a blowout and I was able to pick one up new for $700 cheaper than what Sam Ash was charging.

Needless to say today I received a card from Fed Ex saying that I had a delivery. Yes, they shipped the bass anyways. I didn't receive a call, email, nothing indicating that I they were shipping anything.

Now there is a $1500 charge on my card and I am none to pleased. It's incredible that a compamy can exist operating this way. I know the card will be credited once they get the bass back, but it's still very frustrating.
  2. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    well.. usually it takes a while to make an Ernie Ball bass. I could be wrong though. Sometimse if they are out, they go ahead and tell the company you want it anyway and they make it and send it to you even if you cancel. Thats the way things are. Oh well, dont sweat it to much man.
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I've had horrible luck with Sam Ash myself, I'll never use them again. As far as mega-stores go, I've had great luck with Zzounds.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I've always prefered Sam ash to Guitar center, because the closest sam ash employees are super cool, compared to the local guitar center vultures.

It's not the stores that I have a problem with, it's the employees.

This is why I don't commit to buying any thing like a bass or expensive item, until I have been to guitar center, sam ash, online, and local stores. find all the prices then goto one of them and get the best price beat ;)
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

From what I see in my stacks of catalogs, Sam Ash is a great place to do business..........if you like paying too much for something you could get for a much lower price elsewhere!
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001

7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Yes, it's fantastic this Sam Ash. Perhaps the greatest music store of all time...and so cheap.

For me to poop on!!

brad cook