My Sansamp GED 2112 Video Essay and Review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fletz, Feb 25, 2018.

1. xposaune

xposaune Gold Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Thank you for the reply. The ground lift button has no effect in this case, even using XLR outputs. However the iso transformer got rid of most of the hum.

Still exploring all the sounds I can get with this thing. Good stuff.

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses

Thanks for posting this video! No problems being heard in a dense mix with that bad boy! :bassist:

I'm going to buy a GED-2112 as soon as I have the funds. I recently called Tech 21 with a few questions about it, and had a great conversation regarding it's operation. :thumbsup:

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Really good demo, Pete! Have to be contrary and say I liked the dirt tone MUCH better without the blend, though.

xposaune likes this.
  4. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Contrary is good! You’ve mastered the rare art of doing so without being a tool! Lol. I may have an RBI demo going up soon too.

Arthur U. Poon and JimmyM like this.
  5. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Here it is live... my band playing a bar gig in PA:

6. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    See my video above ^

Arthur U. Poon likes this.
  7. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Wow! You guys sound great! And especially your tone! This definitely cements my decision; the GED-2112 is now a MUST GET!! :)

And OT, but as a fellow P-Bass Enthusiast, I have never figured out why Mr. Lee doesn't use a P-Bass! Of course, he did use one on their debut album. Another bass that screams: "Geddy!" to me, is a Spector; especially the '77 NS-1 Reissue, which comes stock with the gnarly DiMarzio Model P!

Thanks for posting the video, Fletz!

Fletz and son_of_mogh like this.
  8. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Hi Fletz. If you do buy an RBI, can you explain how you'll utilize both preamps in a live situation? I'm guessing you'll use the RBI for an even "Cleaner" tone when needed, and you'll somehow be able to switch "On the Fly" between the two different preamps?

(Oh yeah, by the way, I'm the guy who recently commented on your video on YouTube.) :thumbsup:

I currently run a Demeter HBP-1 preamp in my rack, which is very clean sounding, with a very "Quick" response. Because I'm getting a Classic Rock/Classic Metal band started with a good friend, I envision the GED-2112 should be the only preamp I'll need for this band when we finally start gigging. But, I'll wait for your reply before I commit to that! :D

We're going to be playing some pretty aggressive material, Covers and Originals. From the tones you're getting on your video, the GED-2112 sounds absolutely perfect for the material I'll be playing. :bassist:

Hey, as a side-note: My friend works at a GC as his day job, and I called him to get a price quote on the GED-2112, - which led to a later conversation about getting a band started! So I haven't even bought the preamp yet, and it already has some good mojo attached! :D

Take care!

Fletz likes this.
  9. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Just a follow up:
    I'm ordering a Tech 21 Ged-2112 preamp tomorrow, I'm very excited to start using it! :hyper: :bassist::hyper:

John Swartz likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022