Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My saturday night - impersonating a police officer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Sep 12, 2004.

1. I live on a military base, and the military police cars are white impalas with red and yellow lines running along the side, with the letters "MCBH" (marine corp base hawaii) and it has the marine emblem. We asked two seperate MP's if it was illegal to do that to our car, they said you can paint your car however you want as long as it doesn't say military police on it.

Well, my friends car is a white prelude, circa 89? dunno. So we went out, spent $4 on colored red and yellow tape, and ran that along the sides. Then we got on the net and found a pic of a marine emblem, blew it up, printed it, then taped that on the side (couldnt find laminant sticky crap). The whole project took 6 hours, which was basicly our entire saturday afternoon.

HOLY CRAP we had so much fun! Everybody thought we were a cop! By the time we went out to start screwing with people it was nightfall, so they couldn't really see into the car, which is good because we weren't dressed in camies.

This one honda civic was going 35 in a 25, so we pull up next to them, and I'm staring at the driver. They couldn't see my face, they could only see a blackened face with a hat looking at them. They slowed down to 23 mph. Then we tried parking the car on the side of the road. Sure enough when cars drove by they slowed down. What was also funny was that cars didn't try to pass us. We tried going 20 in a 25, and cars still stayed a decent 20 feet behind us.

We took the stuff off the car today though, beause the red/yellow combo kinda made it look like a McDonald's car during the daytime. We had a ******* blast though.

2. As long as you don't do anything that can be considered impersonating a police officer, I don't think it is illegal. Sounds like fun :cool: But I wouldn't take the chance, I know a police chief, he might kill me for that :eyebrow: partly kidding-he is one of the senior (highest ranking) instructors where I train in the martial arts :meh: I prefer not to take my chances with him :smug:

3. Yeah well...I'm 18...I can get away with the 'stupid teenager' scenario if they did say something. Everything we did though, was not suspicious in itself. We did actually pass by a few MP's.

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I thought there would've been a lot of stuff to do in Hawaii.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ah...military brats...gotta love 'em.

brad cook

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Trust me, it gets old. My Impala looks like an unmarked because of what I do for the County - antennas on the trunk, lights and arrowstick on the back deck, lights on the dash and behind the grille. People drive like idiots when they think you're the law.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Play cop 10 hrs a day for almost 20 years, and I'll guarantee you that it will be the LAST thing in the world that seems like fun.

8. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Ah, a candidate for the "Devil Pups."

9. Yeah it did kind of get old after the 4th hour of driving around :D

This one van was parked in a spot for atleast an hour, and all of a sudden it turned on and drove off. They must have been doing drugs or something in the back. So we tailed them for about 10 minutes. It was hilarious, they took alot of turns in the residential areas hoping to lose us :D

10. GARRETT!!! I thought i raised you better than that!!!!!

11. hahahahaha, I that is great :D

12. I'm thinking of buying a new car just to do this...great idea!

Leigh

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    :scowl:

brad cook

14. C'mon - you can buy a cop looking car over here for next to nothing...

Sorry, Sir. :bag:

Leigh

15. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Good way to draw fire.

16. Yeah next time I'll attach a megafone to the top of the car. I'll use a fake accent, too. "Dis iz da pohleese. Pweese swoh daown." :D

17. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    So the obvious question -
    did you confiscate any pakalolo?!

18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That's when the fun really starts.

I guess the idea that he might actually roll up on real criminals never crossed his mind. Cops getting shot on routine stops isn't all that rare.

:hyper:

19. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Police impersonation ey?

One of the guys I work with built a complete "undercover" cop car out of a new crown vic. Antennas, road bumper, chrome exterior spotlight, gun rack, and yes: lights and a siren.

Well, this spring he apparently had a few beers and decided to have some fun. So, he drives it up our mountain road at top speed, lights and siren going. Passing a car that pulls over around a bend, he loses control of it and goes into the hillside, flipping the car several times. Not only was his car wrecked and he went to the hospital, but he's in deep ish for DUI, reckless driving, and Impersonating a Police Vehicle.

20. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    When they impersonate an officer in Detroit if you pull over for the fake cop you will get a gun in your face, mugged, and car jacked!

But your in Hawaii so have fun and remember to cash in on the free donuts.