Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Saviour is alive; I've found him, and he, is this bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Jan 9, 2005.

1. http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0196800

Man, I've got GAS so bad!!! I saw this for the first time today, and boy oh boy, I'm in Love! I'm gonna be eating one meal a day and seeling everythign I own (I'm a student) till I can get this, my god its beautiful! I'm in to J-Basses and with 18V active electronics plus all the specs. you can read about..Oh man, I'm gonna have wet dreams.

Disclaimer: Sorry had to vent.

2. yeah, you're right, these basses look so beautifull:)

3. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    One was just up for sale on eBay for like $900. I think the auction just ended yesterday with no winners.

4. Unfortunatly I live in the UK, meaning I've gotta shell out $2430 (!!) for it here. Jesus, I'dhadn't realised the dollar was doing so ****. What kinda tax do I have to pay to buy one there and have it shipped? It might be worth it....

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Wow! That is a nice bass. Let's have a closer look, shall we?! Geez! Even the pole pieces in the pickups are gold!!

[​IMG]

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    The funny thing is, everyone (including the newspapers) keeps on saying the dollar is doing pretty badly against the Euro these days. If so, I wonder why US-made instruments still haven't become any cheaper over here. o_O

7. It may be because those instruments were purchased by the retailers before the dollar went south. They have to recoup their loss before anything else. They also can't put a lower a price on newer stuff while having a higher price on older stock. I just wouldn't look good.

8. I don't suppose anyone knows anythign about the tax I'd have to pay on sometyhign ordered from the states??

9. This bass would cost more than all my other gear put toghether, but ever since I've seen it...oh my god..I think I'm gonna go sell blood.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Pfft, no way man. Jesus would be a five-string. ;)

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

LOL... well, maybe the one above is the baby Jesus. :D

12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Yeah right, at least a 7.

13. Nice bass. But you don't think He would think that the gold hardware is a little ostentatious for Him?

Black hardware on that would look better.

14. Some of the Victor Baileys have incredible tops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or this beauty:

[​IMG]

15. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hey Bassline_Deluxe
    I got one of those and believe me when I tell you it sounds even better than it looks. I have the first version with the "noiseless" pups in it. All the pics above are of the one I own. The new one has different tuners which are flat like the MIA series basses but gold. They also have Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pups in them. I also have a new version of the FMT V with the SCN pups and like my Victor Bailey bass the way it is, Both pup combinations are killer. I have to actually put my VB bass away because the others won't get played if it's out! I have friends with them there boutique basses and when they hear the VB they give credit where the credit is due! Bigup to the VB jazz bass ;)

16. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    No way ;)
    - Gotta be light-weight, if you walk on the water :eek:

17. Figure it at about 25-30% of price with shipping. It will probably still be cheaper, at current exchange rates.

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    (((Bass Price + Shipping) + 3.7%) + 17.5%)

19. I played a 5 string like that a couple weeks ago at Kosmic Sound in Perth. It was OK. While I was there, the best bass for the buck, however, went to an Ibanez. And the best cheap bass went to a Stingray OLP.

Fenders are great, but I just don't think I'm a Jazz Bass enthusiast. I'm more of a P-bass person. Things could (and probably will) change. But for now, I'll pass.

20. I've found they are quite liberal on converting the USD value to GBP though... so be aware anyway. I've always assumed about 25% when estimating these things.