Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My scratch songwriting demos - curious?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by alexclaber, Nov 10, 2005.

1. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Hmmm... Well why not, criticism is good. Right?

So here's a few songs that I'm working up to speed with a guitarist and auditioning some drummers to make a wee power trio. I'll be singing and playing bass live - most of the demos are just vocal (usually first take!), bass, bass pretending to be guitar, and that's it. The guitarist has come up with much better guitar parts than my fake ones, but these are only songwriting demos, not production/arrangement/gig-acquiring demos; and they all need drums though a few already have rough programmed/sampled/live drums.

They're all here:

http://www.thehumanzoo.com/alex/

The ones called ...no guitar, were put up there for my guitarist to practice along with. Avoid!

Any feedback appreciated!

Alex

2. nice scat on "scratching" ;)

anyways, the songs are good, i would definatly get a guitar player, and they would be cool with a full band, the lyrics are pretty cool, i am not sure if you have the voice for the music, but i am not much of a singer, so i really shouldn't criticize!
    i like the instrumental aspects though...they could be some awesome songs

...and now its time for me to end this post

Charlie