Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My search contines....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NicJimBass, Aug 20, 2005.

1. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    So, i come home tonight, after a horrible show btw, and I have a package in the mail. it turns out it's my new Guyatone BR2 Bass Wah Rocker. I'm looking for a 9v replacement for my Q-tron, as the 24v adapter kinda gets in the way more than anything. The BR2 is cool, but my search continues. I'm basically looking for the extreme sound of a wah pedal, without the labor of using a wah pedal.... make sense? The Q-tron get pretty close, but the 24v thing and the fact that there's no volume control kinda bugs me. I read that someone recommends the MXR Auto Q, and I've been looking at the Emma DiscumBOBulator, but I don't have unlimited resources to keep buying these things, only to find out it's not what I'm looking for. Can anyone help me, either with suggestions and/or sound clips? I can find a way to finance my chase, so give me all options. The main thing is- wetness (!!!) and I need it to be 9 or 18v (for my Dunlop Brick to be of any use!).

Or should I just learn to use a wah pedal?

2. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    well.. the one thing I can reccommend is the Pigtronix EP-1.. I have it and it is awesome, but then again it doesnt take batteries - has a 12 volt plug

3. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    I second the Pig, it's great. I don't know if I'd describe it as 'wet' though and it uses a 12v ac (not dc) adapter, a real nuisance. The only pedal I've ever used that was what I would call wet was a dunlop bass crybaby. It was positively dripping but was also defective. The output was so low as to be next to useless so I sent it back. Never heard another one like it. As for the volume issue I use a boss ls2 switcher for that. It has two loops and you can set the gain on the loop returns so that when you kick in the autowah it's at the right volume. Have you tried running your Qtron at 18 volts to hear how it sounds? My electric mistress flanger is pretty happy at either 18v or 24v.

4. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    I didn't know I could run the Qtron @ 18v.... I'll have to try that.