My second double bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by ShinoNara, Jan 8, 2020.

1. ShinoNara

ShinoNara

Nov 14, 2019
    Hi again, I will travel to Netherlands this month to get a double bass there. The first time I bought a bass was a Gliga Genial and It isn't working as well as I had expected... Therefore, I would like to know if you could give some tips or advices to get a good instrument for a decent price ( 4/6 k). Thank you so much.

armybass likes this.
  2. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Can’t offer any suggestions but wish you luck in finding a better instrument.

ShinoNara likes this.
  3. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Shino, where do you live?

4. ShinoNara

ShinoNara

Nov 14, 2019
    Spain.

5. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
  6. ctrlzjones

ctrlzjones

Jul 11, 2013
    Barcelona
    Find people who have an eye on the second hand market (luthiers?) that you trust and let them know what you are after. In your price range there are basses that are talked about. 2 years ago I heard about a piece offered by a maker in Ibiza that seemed to be a great deal.

7. ShinoNara

ShinoNara

Nov 14, 2019
  8. ShinoNara

ShinoNara

Nov 14, 2019
    Yes, but we agreed that Spain has really high prices if we compare it with other countries, so I decided to go Netherlands, where I found this luthier that has a lot of basses that I can try.

9. Bisounourse

Bisounourse

Jun 21, 2012
    Gent, Belgium
    I have to check this, but my former classical teacher DB gave all pupils an overview of luthiers/shops etc specifically designed to Double Bass; she also mentioned some stores in France. One of them who also sells basses from starting luthiers; because they don't have a name yet, basses are less costly, but you still get a great player.
    I'll post the overview here if I can find it between my notes.

ShinoNara likes this.