My setup. Help me!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PwX-Steve, Feb 18, 2001.

1. Ok today i picked up a
    Peavey TNT115 (150watts)

i have done a little experimenting and found
    that by patching my 15watt amp to the Peavey i get alot more volume and sound freedom.

Here is how i did it

Bass plugs into Tuner-In. from Tuner-Out it plugs into 15watt Input jack. from 15watt Headphone jack it goes into
    Peavey Low input jack.

when i have it all setup properly i get a hell of alot more volume. On the Peavey i have a DDT light which goes on when im stressing the speaker to much, so i do limit myself but im still getting more noise!.

what i want to know will this do any damage to anything.
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Buy a bigger amp, dammit!

3. im happy with what i have
    im no pro so i dont need big stuff

i was only fooling around and found this patching thing out
    so i was juz wondering if it would stuff anything
  4. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Hmm... I would imagine that the signal going to the headphones can't be too huge... Actually on the series II cyclops by carvin the headphone jack doubles as a line out. If the same is true of your 15w amp, it is just becoming a preamp and your biggie is becoming the power amp. But I would not do this. The input signal going into your main amp may be way, way too big. If it hasn't blown up yet, that's great. But I wouldn't push your luck on something that it seems you don't really need.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    : points at screen and laughs: Yeah, the ONLY sollution to any given amp situation.