Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My setup. Help me!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PwX-Steve, Feb 18, 2001.

1. Ok today i picked up a
    Peavey TNT115 (150watts)

i have done a little experimenting and found
    that by patching my 15watt amp to the Peavey i get alot more volume and sound freedom.

Here is how i did it

Bass plugs into Tuner-In. from Tuner-Out it plugs into 15watt Input jack. from 15watt Headphone jack it goes into
    Peavey Low input jack.

when i have it all setup properly i get a hell of alot more volume. On the Peavey i have a DDT light which goes on when im stressing the speaker to much, so i do limit myself but im still getting more noise!.

what i want to know will this do any damage to anything.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Buy a bigger amp, dammit!

:rolleyes:

3. im happy with what i have
    im no pro so i dont need big stuff

i was only fooling around and found this patching thing out
    so i was juz wondering if it would stuff anything

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Hmm... I would imagine that the signal going to the headphones can't be too huge... Actually on the series II cyclops by carvin the headphone jack doubles as a line out. If the same is true of your 15w amp, it is just becoming a preamp and your biggie is becoming the power amp. But I would not do this. The input signal going into your main amp may be way, way too big. If it hasn't blown up yet, that's great. But I wouldn't push your luck on something that it seems you don't really need.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    : points at screen and laughs: Yeah, the ONLY sollution to any given amp situation.

6. okies
    that sounds fair enough