Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My shoulder hurts...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by l0calh05t, Jun 19, 2003.

1. I just returned from the longest rehearsal I ever had... 3 days with 6-7 hours of practice each day

and believe it or not, now my shoulder hurts :p , and I finally decided to get a padded strap :rolleyes:

2. Woah that's a lotta practice....look at the bright side,you're a tad better now then before.:)

3. yeah, I am sure I have gotten a wee bit better at sight reading and controling my dynamics (I usually play in a metal band but I was "hired" for the school orchestra because they needed an electric bass for one of their pieces, and since there was no double bass player there I had to play the DB parts too)

4. Well there you go. :)

You got to practice with some new people...jammed....had some fun,and stiffened the hell out of your shoulder.

What are you complaining about?

:p

5. yeah it was fun (notice the :p in my first post) and in one of the breaks I played a bit of black sabbath with one of the cellists and the drummer, and also jammed with them a bit

6. Black Sabbath at school! Awesome....heh...:)