my signal chain...... help?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by schmittuml, Jun 15, 2005.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    i have been playin aroudn with these and i have soem will have the rest before i build my board but i shouold have all of this:

line6 DL4
    Fulltone Bassdrive
    ZVEX Wooly Mammoth
    Marshall Guv'nor (possibly)
    Envelope filter (dont know which yet)
    Boss TU-2 Tuner
    EBS Octabass
    Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah
    Aphes Bass Xciter (possibly because my eden navigator has a sick compressor)
    Radial Bassbone

Any advice on a signal chain for this?

Also I might get a loooper that has 2 seperate FX loops one with the overdrive/fuzz/distortion and one with the Envelope Filter/Octabass

Also recommend something else to match up with the envelope filter for that FX loop....

any ideas on how youd set this up? I'll try to have a diagram up soon....

Thank you.
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Tuner first, filter, octabass, then the distortions and whatnot.

If you put a filter before an overdrive, you'll get filteratized overdrive, but if you put overdrive before filter you'll get an overdriven filter... catch my drift?
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have my envelop filter before my overdrive.

I just feel that since an overdrive responds to the level of the input signal, it will pick up the nuances of the output of the env filter, which will essentially modulate the distorted wave.

I feel it sounds better than taking a distorted signal and trying to shape it.

I do put my chorus at the end because I want it to apply the echo effect after distortion. I don't even want to think about trying to distort echo processed signals.