Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my singer...ARRESTED!?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Brad Barker, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

five minutes ago, my drummer (and band "leader") called me to tell me about when we're having rehearsel today...

and then he went on to tell me how our singer, who we had acquired about three weeks ago, got arrested last night, and will probably be spending the next five-to-seven in a federal, "pound-me-in-the-***" prison.

the guy had already been in jail for doing some money-pilfering from banks (through credit cards or something...he assured us that he was only stealing from the banks themselves and not individuals...).

i guess he got caught looking for 'shrooms...

what a loser (although he didn't seem like a bad person...just caught up in bad things...). we must be pretty desperate.

back to square one...:(

well, i guess things are better for us this way. our guitarist didn't really like the singer, and i didn't quite like the lyric ideas he had for our music.

no worrying about that anymore, i guess...

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Like that makes it OK?

3. Yeah, ditto.

:rolleyes:
    I guess he got what he deserved then. Remeber kids, crime doesn't pay.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I disagree. Crime DOES pay!
    Say you're this lonely guy in a cell, and you're in need of lovin', and low and behold, this little guy, who was just sentenced to 5 years, is being put into YOUR cell!:eek: :D
    Sounds like a payday to me!;)

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    "You've gotta real pretty mouth there, boy."

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Michael Monroe used to sing: "Dead, Jail or rock'n roll".

7. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey now be nice, i just got arressted for that too. We got busted by sum undercovers at a show a month back. I got let go cuz i was basically in the wrong place at the wrong time, but it makes u realize how fast things go wrong. Just be careful and staying clean is the safest way to do that.

8. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i guess my irony/sarcasm is kinda subtle.

well, he's getting what he deserves...

i'm going to ask my drummer how the heck he made contact with him again. it's a "friend of a friend" deal, so i'm going to keep a close eye on his friends from now on...

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Talking about Hanoi Rocks? I think he still does.. They have started gigging again.

10. this happened to my old band the night before a show

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Who was your singer again?

12. LumpyGravy

LumpyGravy Guest

May 8, 2002
    If all goes well for your singing friend, he may meet a producer or some other "big time" music snake while in the clink. Hold on to this guy. If ever you become famous, he would make a great Behind The Music>

13. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    some 20 year old named dave.

14. Hell, my own drummer told us today that he wanted to take a break because he was disgusted with his playing!

I guess not practicing for five weeks does that to ya. At least this gives me, my lead guitarist and my vocalist/guitarist some time to rehearse and get tight without lugging a drum kit around :D

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :eek: if that's payment, i'll go broke, thankyouverymuch.

16. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    If all goes well for your singing friend, he may meet a producer or some other "big time" music snake while in the clink. Hold on to this guy. If ever you become famous, he would make a great Behind The Music>

actually he met the co-owner of a cool club that my band and brendan's band plan on playing at (spanky's) the first time (well, i think it was the first time :D ) he was in the slammer. now i guess we don't quite have the same "connections."

this whole situation is uncool.

i hate looking for singers.

17. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    5-7 for 'shrooms? Are you sure about that? I'm glad i've never had any shrooms/drugs.

18. :eek:

19. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    5-7 for shrooms and he got what he deserves??? Hmm.. interesting. We put people away for 5-7 for doing shrooms yet let the violent criminals out early becausze the prisons are too crowded.

20. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Hey, don't forget, Nevada has a ONE YEAR mandatory minimum jail sentence for posession of any amount of pot. Even a roach.