My Skyline Glaub sample

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nickalan620, Jan 8, 2005.

1. I got a new Skyline Bob Glaub for Christmas ( I paid for half :bag: ) and I am to lazy to write a full review so I'll just say a few words. In the time I have had it has been an awsome bass that puts out that vintage P-bass tone we all know and love. The ash makes slightly noticable difference, and it is a minor issue. In the end it sounds like an awsome P-bass, ash or not.

I decided to make a sample just for you guys. Almost the whole sample is fingerstyle with the tone 3/4 the way up. The part at the end where at sadly try to play Metallica's Sad But True the tone it all the way up and with a pick. I know the playing is not the greatest ( I have only been playing for 9 months ) but you get the point. I recorded it direct and the only editing was to raise the volume so you can hear it.

Well enough babling here is the sample: Skyline Glaub Sample (p.s. save link to your hard drive or it wont work)

Also I am open to any questions any one has about this bass but be warned I have not played the American on with the alder body.
  2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    It's cool to hear you're starting out by learning Geezer licks, he was a big influence on me when I first started playing too. :cool:

I like the sound of your Glaub played with a pick. It has the P-Bass "honk" that I personally love so much. Sounds like a great P-Bass to me.

Congrats on your new bass, :)
  3. Yeah, Geezer was also one of the reasons I got a p-bass. I really like his tone when he used his p-bass in the early days of sabbath. :bassist:
  4. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    hey man.. i'm very close to buying a Glaub Skyline.. are there any dead spots on the G string on or around the 5th fret (this is the typical dead spot "spot" on lots of basses).. cheers!!
  5. Splanky

Jun 10, 2002
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Hey that wasn´t so bad after only playing 9 month.
    Clean sound and no fret rattle. Keep playing! You have a good foundation.

And you got me GAS up even more for a Glaub.
    Have to sell a jazz ;)

6. There's something wrong with that mp3... I'm no noob or something but the file doesn't work.
  7. Yeah, that link is almost a year old. :bag: If you want me to post a new sample, I would be glad to. Just tell me if you want one.

remo, i have not noticed any dead spots. It appears ot be a non-issue with this bass.
  8. Sure I'd like a new one. And pics of your bass as well ;-)

I didn't notice that this thread was like a year old. :rollno:
    Still like the Glaub?
  9. I love the glaub today as much as I did when I first got it. :hyper: I post a new clip as soon as I can.

Will see about the pictures. I'll have to ask my dad if I can use his digital camera.

I make a new thread for it either later today or tomorrow.
  10. EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I never hear a difference between an SX P, a Fender, or a Bob Glaub. Only difference I can hear is between a vintage P with flats. It sounds good, though.

11. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Great choice of bass dude!!!! I owned a couple fancy basses before I decided what I really wanted was just simplicity and soulful tone (and a thicker neck). Here's mine:

You're alot better than I was at 9 months. :bassist:
  12. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Sounds good! And a very fine choice of tunes!

I can't belive you can pull that stuff off having only been playing 9 months. I'm very impressed. On "money", listen more to the timing and try to get the "bounce" happening. Thats a great song to use to learn about note placement and space in the groove :cool: