Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Skyline Glaub sample

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nickalan620, Jan 8, 2005.

1. I got a new Skyline Bob Glaub for Christmas ( I paid for half :bag: ) and I am to lazy to write a full review so I'll just say a few words. In the time I have had it has been an awsome bass that puts out that vintage P-bass tone we all know and love. The ash makes slightly noticable difference, and it is a minor issue. In the end it sounds like an awsome P-bass, ash or not.

I decided to make a sample just for you guys. Almost the whole sample is fingerstyle with the tone 3/4 the way up. The part at the end where at sadly try to play Metallica's Sad But True the tone it all the way up and with a pick. I know the playing is not the greatest ( I have only been playing for 9 months ) but you get the point. I recorded it direct and the only editing was to raise the volume so you can hear it.

Well enough babling here is the sample: Skyline Glaub Sample (p.s. save link to your hard drive or it wont work)

Also I am open to any questions any one has about this bass but be warned I have not played the American on with the alder body.

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    It's cool to hear you're starting out by learning Geezer licks, he was a big influence on me when I first started playing too. :cool:

I like the sound of your Glaub played with a pick. It has the P-Bass "honk" that I personally love so much. Sounds like a great P-Bass to me.

Congrats on your new bass, :)
    -Art

3. Yeah, Geezer was also one of the reasons I got a p-bass. I really like his tone when he used his p-bass in the early days of sabbath. :bassist:

4. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    hey man.. i'm very close to buying a Glaub Skyline.. are there any dead spots on the G string on or around the 5th fret (this is the typical dead spot "spot" on lots of basses).. cheers!!

5. Splanky

Splanky

Jun 10, 2002
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Hey that wasn´t so bad after only playing 9 month.
    Clean sound and no fret rattle. Keep playing! You have a good foundation.

And you got me GAS up even more for a Glaub.
    Have to sell a jazz ;)

//H

6. There's something wrong with that mp3... I'm no noob or something but the file doesn't work.

7. Yeah, that link is almost a year old. :bag: If you want me to post a new sample, I would be glad to. Just tell me if you want one.

remo, i have not noticed any dead spots. It appears ot be a non-issue with this bass.

8. Sure I'd like a new one. And pics of your bass as well ;-)

I didn't notice that this thread was like a year old. :rollno:
    Still like the Glaub?

9. I love the glaub today as much as I did when I first got it. :hyper: I post a new clip as soon as I can.

Will see about the pictures. I'll have to ask my dad if I can use his digital camera.

I make a new thread for it either later today or tomorrow.

10. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I never hear a difference between an SX P, a Fender, or a Bob Glaub. Only difference I can hear is between a vintage P with flats. It sounds good, though.

-Eric.

11. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Great choice of bass dude!!!! I owned a couple fancy basses before I decided what I really wanted was just simplicity and soulful tone (and a thicker neck). Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

You're alot better than I was at 9 months. :bassist:

12. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Sounds good! And a very fine choice of tunes!

I can't belive you can pull that stuff off having only been playing 9 months. I'm very impressed. On "money", listen more to the timing and try to get the "bounce" happening. Thats a great song to use to learn about note placement and space in the groove :cool: