My slap solo.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
  2. Dude - you have the basics down - now go and work on your timing and some clear ideas - this wasn't good on either...try getting a simple pattern going and develop it - this didn't seem to have any connotations of a 'song' idea at all - I'll say it again - listen to what the likes of Flea or Larry Graham do - they pick a line and repeat it - create a groove and sustain it - the idea being to draw the audience into the sound and the rhythm.

Oh yeah - practice makes perfect - don't give up.

3. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Thanks for taking the time to listen and critique my solo I made ....but yea if yould hear the rest of the song it goes together better but your right I deffinately need a basic pattern that I follow throughout the solo
  4. powerslave

powerslave Guest

Feb 24, 2005
    United States
    eh dawg - it was just aiiight for me was just aiight.
    Sorry for the Randy Jackson reply; couldn't resist - but on a serious note - good attempt but urb_munki has given you the best advice ever "practice makes perfect - don't give up." thats the name of the game, keep workin' it till you got it!
  5. EFFECTIVE practice makes perfect IMHO ;) ;)
  6. You have the right idea, but think about rhythmic accuracy. Practice with a metronome/drum machine as much as possible.