Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My slap solo.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
  2. Dude - you have the basics down - now go and work on your timing and some clear ideas - this wasn't good on either...try getting a simple pattern going and develop it - this didn't seem to have any connotations of a 'song' idea at all - I'll say it again - listen to what the likes of Flea or Larry Graham do - they pick a line and repeat it - create a groove and sustain it - the idea being to draw the audience into the sound and the rhythm.

Oh yeah - practice makes perfect - don't give up.

M

3. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Thanks for taking the time to listen and critique my solo I made ....but yea if yould hear the rest of the song it goes together better but your right I deffinately need a basic pattern that I follow throughout the solo

4. powerslave

powerslave Guest

Feb 24, 2005
    United States
    +1
    eh dawg - it was just aiiight for me man...it was just aiight.
    Sorry for the Randy Jackson reply; couldn't resist - but on a serious note - good attempt but urb_munki has given you the best advice ever "practice makes perfect - don't give up." thats the name of the game, keep workin' it till you got it!

5. EFFECTIVE practice makes perfect IMHO ;) ;)

6. You have the right idea, but think about rhythmic accuracy. Practice with a metronome/drum machine as much as possible.