My son gave me an early Dad's day gift

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jun 3, 2005.

1. He's 2 1/2 years old. He just started pre-school / daycare (so my Wife could get a few more hours)...we're very impressed with his daycare provider (a licenced pre-school teacher, and doesn't use the television as a babysitter, she has whole day curriculums planned) anyway, my son, Jake, has been learning alot of really cool stuff...

So my Wife booked an hour of studio time and had him sing his ABC's to make a CD for good old Dad. I got pics of him tracking it too...he couldn't wait, he wanted to give it to me right away. That smug little look on his face when it started playing...priceless.

It was a good day. I'll post the pics as soon as I host them. :bassist:
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    awwww, that's very nice :)
  3. Thanks man, I was really thrilled. Moreso for the look on his face when it started playing...I could tell it really meant something to him to give it to me.

I know it's sappy, but hey, it's my boy... I felt the same way when I had my Daughter sing backing vocals on a song we did...just what it needed.

It's cool because in a way it builds confidence in them too, bolsters their spirits.. you know?

Damn cool.
  4. eldave777

May 24, 2005
    That is so cool. I have a 7 year old son who has cerebal palsy and he sings his little heart out. Iwould love to make a cd with him.
  5. That's awesome. My daughter (just turned 2) is still trying to get the whole numbers/letters thing down.

6. Get out there and do it. It's builds those type of memories that you cherish forever. When you do, let us know!!!
  7. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    :) What a great gift!

8. That's great!

I'm about to be a first time dad in 4 or 5 weeks. I had a dream the other night about trying to convince him (if it's a boy) not to want to play the drums but try guitar or bass instead. (My wife has already said this kid can play whatever they want except for drums!) Then we took a trip to Long and McQuade which just so happens to be about my favorite store.
  9. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Thats awesome. It puts everything into perspective and makes you realize what is really important. Kids are such a blessing. :)

Maybe in 10 years he will be handing you a cd of an amazing bass solo that he tracked. And he will have that same smug look on his face. :smug:
  10. Yup, and when he becomes the worlds most famous bassist ever - you can pull out the cd and blackmail him with it :D
  11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Wow, that's very cool...

:D're an evil bastid, ain'cha?

12. j/k :D

very cool gift though, mon
  13. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    That is so cool. :)

My son, who's a few months older, sang me the Crazy Frog tune today... :rollno:

do you have that over the pond?
  14. thats awesome man,who knows...he could be the next Robert Plant!
  15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  16. Awesomeness. .....................................Maybe hes the next me ! talent and all :D

great thing though !
  17. I thought he puked on your favorite shirt. ;)
  18. Dude, that was so last year's present...get with it. ;)

Thanks guys! I can't find the sneeky Wife must have it... I have one pic thats a riot...
  19. Nope...I'd love to hear it tho... we could have a "TB'ers kid's recordings" thread.... that'd be cool!