Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My son prefers Elrick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sufenta, May 18, 2004.

1. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    What can I say? The kid has excellent/expensive taste.

2. that's too much cute for one post.

didn't you get the memo? bass players are supposed to learn on a 4, not a 5! :D :bag:

robb.

3. Cute picture, and gorgeous bass!

4. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Poor kid, so young and already G.A.Sing :eek: :D

5. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Good Get him away from Fenders ASAP!!!!!!!

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    ROFLMAO, too funny...

7. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Hey Sufenta how do you like your amp/cab setup?

I currently use a BBE BMax and a PLX 1602 and was wondering how it sounded through the Aggie 112's

8. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I can afford the bass, but not the kids. The Elrick Gold with overlay is one of my favorite basses. Light and great sound!

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Nice technique

;)

10. Has anybody else noticed Funkize's serious issues with Fenders? Maybe he was beat by a Jazz as a young boy, or maybe he was in love with his Precision. Poor Guy!

11. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Yeah, I noticed that too...

I don't really care for Fenders either, but I don't think I'm quite as vocal about my opinion as he is. ;)

12. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I'm very happy with the sound of the Aggies/BBE/QSC. However, I'm full of GAS just like the next guy. I'm sure they'll get rotated out eventually.

13. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I think your son could hide behind that body...the bridge is bigger than his foot :eek:

14. Wow, he's manglin' those strings at a young age! :cool: :bassist: ;)

15. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Fenders Suck.... AAAAGGGHHHHH!

16. Do you really need to say that twice in this thread? :scowl:

17. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    You know how many Local Band's and Teachers I have to deal with?

A few times I tried out for a band using my Cirrus 6 string, Everyone thought I was really good, but the guitarist just said "If you buy a Fender your in" so I said "What the FUNK are you talking about" and he said..."The only good bass is a Fender, You should now that, or cant you afford one"

WHAT? God I hate that, other times they said just plain no, and that my bass was wierd...? And that if I wanted to be in a Band, I would have to play a Normal bass, "Preferably Black"

WHAT? And of course the "acclaimed" "Teacher" I ask about lessons and hes a nice guy and all, but when He asked me what I played I said "I have a Lakland 55-01, and a Peavey Cirrus 6 string" he looked shocked, then said "Oh, I only teach people who use Fenders..." Then Snidley said "There the only ones with Promise"

WHAT?

So now I HATE FENDER. Thats the end of my boring/worthless storie, I just feel that people think EVERY bass has to be a Fender, or Have 4 Strings, or be Black and Use a Pick (Damn Picks!!!)

EDIT: I put that there because people were saying how I was to "Vocal About my hate for Fenders" or something to that effect...

SO yes, I really, Did need to put that there again.

FENDERS SUCK!!!

18. Odd, I've never experienced this...

19. FaBu-

FaBu-

Jan 16, 2004
    Finland
    I think you have no reaso to be mad at fender.... I think you should be mad at those dorks who said those stupid things!

20. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    +1,000,000

Fender bashing is getting quite old.

:bassist: