My Song please check out and comment

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MxPx_Fan, Nov 10, 2005.

1. MxPx_Fan

Nov 1, 2005
    well I finally figured out how to put a song up on the net for all of you to hear and this is how it goes alright this site is all you gotta do is click on the my song35 link and you'll be ready to hear it. Now the we got how to do it I would just like to mention a few things about my song.

1. Its just me and my bass because as of right now I do not yet have a band together but me and my friends are trying to get one up and going

2. It's not the whole song because I only have Sound Recorder you know the one that comes with your windows and that can only record up to a minute and plus I havnt yet writtin the whole song

3. The recording might sound kind of bad because of me only having the Sound Recorder that came with my computer but you'll get the general idea

4. My song is played with the 2 lowest strings on my bass

5. I would just like to have you guys rate it on here and if you like on the site and please give me an honist review and maybe give me some pointers of how I could make it better and please do keep in mind its just the bass and would sound better with a guitar in there and I know because I played with my friend.

So thank you for checking it out and giving me your comments :bassist:
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    In the past, I've written some pretty scathing reviews of decent songs. Being nice, I'll just say good job for picking up an instrument, good luck with the band, and have fun. But wait till you actually have a song of at least demo quality before you post it. At present that is just a bass noodle.

1. Play with a click track. Stay with the click to avoid slowing down and speeding up
    2. Save for a proper recording unit. has some pretty affordable ones, just look around Recordings in the USB section.

3. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Needs quite a bit of love.

Sit down with the metronome for awhile and things will be much improved.

To get out of the default sound recorder, perhaps look at some free software like Audacity to get started with better quality recordings.