My son's first pedal board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    ok so roughly a month or so ago my son marches into the music room and asks if he can play on of my basses....i'm fairly anal about my babies....but i let him try one of the older ones.....

I had a project build i had torn down and was going to mod to my specs...instead i put it back together stock and gave it to him...

he then wanted to try my board.....and after careful consideration.....this is what we managed to put together for his first go

tyler-rig.jpg

to be fair he purchased the chorus, DI and Wah with his own money (thanks to a few generous TB'ers)

and I traded for the rest....

I would have killed for a set up like this when i was 12...

tyleribby.jpg

he also plays the drums, trumpet, and a little guitar...

2. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    http://www.myspace.com/publicface
    sick.

3. Nerotic

Nerotic Guest

Sep 17, 2008
    Not a bad first board..

I actually had 3 of those as some of my first pedals..

4. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    +1

I couldn't play music until I could afford to pay for it. I still feel like I arrived pretty late in the game compared to some of my peers. One of my drummers has been playing for 21 years. I've been playing for 4. It goes without saying that I'm the most mediocre band member. :meh:

5. Is that an Ibanez RD?
    I have one of those in the studio at college. Its not a bad bass, lucky git!

6. Thats a great set up for someone who's only been playing bass for a month!

Off to a good start I guess!

7. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Man...all my son does is sit on the hardshell case to my bass...

Congrats, man! Very cool!

8. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Awesome thread. :)

Funnily enough, I had an experience that was almost the perfect B-side t this:

My dad played acoustic guitar when he was younger, but had largely abandoned music by the time I took it up. I ended up being responsible for not only his renewed interest, but his first electric and his first distortion pedal.

"Deluge, I think I need a fuzzbox..." Aww, memories.

9. Didn't you already make this thread earlier today?

10. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    he is already playing several Sabbath tunes as well as several of my original tunes......and trying to write his own....lol

11. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    Mine is kind of the same story. My dad played electric guitar, but mostly just casually. He got me into the bass to fill a spot in his church band. But the tables turned when he wanted to get into making a pedalboard, which I had already been experimenting with many pedals in the band I'm currently in. Many of the pedals on his board now are ones that I've given to him, or suggested, and to top it all off, recently he's shown interest in starting to learn bass as well, so it feels good to share the knowledge.

@ Snakeman: congrats on your son's board man, thats a killer first board

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021