My Sort of New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by 6 string demon, Jan 5, 2006.

1. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    Ok so about a month or so ago i took my bass to good old thwaites in watford (uk) to have some work done to it. This included a new fingerboard, a crack fixed, a sound post patch fitted, the sides cleaned up, and rehairing of my bow.

They kindly lent me a rather nice old german bass, i belive around 1860 or so. it served me well and sounded great. (a few pics of this bass.)

Today I went and picked up my bass all finished and in its glory. I am so pleased with the work that thwaites did. It plays and sounds even better than it did before. I would recormend Thwaites to anybody in the london area with any stringed needs (i do not have any affiliation with Thwaites, just blown away by their work)
    A few pictures of my bass.

Not a great thread but i wanted to share my experience and also to show pictures of these great basses that ive had the oppertunity to play. I also wonder if any one can tell me anything about my bass the Darker one. All i know is that it is probably german and around 1930's.
  2. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Great people there. Bill is a great guy. Roger Dawson restored my Dodd back in the 80s when he worked there. I hear nothing but great things about that shop.