1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Sort of New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by 6 string demon, Jan 5, 2006.

1. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    Ok so about a month or so ago i took my bass to good old thwaites in watford (uk) to have some work done to it. This included a new fingerboard, a crack fixed, a sound post patch fitted, the sides cleaned up, and rehairing of my bow.

They kindly lent me a rather nice old german bass, i belive around 1860 or so. it served me well and sounded great. (a few pics of this bass.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today I went and picked up my bass all finished and in its glory. I am so pleased with the work that thwaites did. It plays and sounds even better than it did before. I would recormend Thwaites to anybody in the london area with any stringed needs (i do not have any affiliation with Thwaites, just blown away by their work)
    A few pictures of my bass.
    [​IMG]

Not a great thread but i wanted to share my experience and also to show pictures of these great basses that ive had the oppertunity to play. I also wonder if any one can tell me anything about my bass the Darker one. All i know is that it is probably german and around 1930's.

2. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Great people there. Bill is a great guy. Roger Dawson restored my Dodd back in the 80s when he worked there. I hear nothing but great things about that shop.