my speakers went out?!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Aug 5, 2001.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    whats up

i went to plug my bass in to my new amp today and about cried. I bought a new amp about a week ago and everything has been great. I thought the 4x10 was a bit heavy so i decided to put some casters on it. I did that yesterday no problems, drilled into the wood, mounted them, and everythign was cool, but i didn't test the amp. Today i plugged it in and no sound at all. I would think that if some how i had drilled into the speaker (which i didn't) that the top 2 speakers would still work. Its not my bass, the cord, or the head. Do you have any idea what could be wrong. If it helps its a hartke transporter 4x10. Thanks

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Mines not here so I cannot tell you how to take it apart and check the wiring etc but thats what I would do. Maybe the connectors fell off due to vibrations?

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ok sorta a false alarm. I was real worried so i checked everything again. It was the cheapy cord that goes from the amp to the cab. I make it a point of buying nice cords, but since i just got this amp i hadn't had time to get a new short cord for the amp to cab. Thanks

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Your welcome and you are using a speaker lead arent you?