Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my speakers went out?!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Aug 5, 2001.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    whats up

i went to plug my bass in to my new amp today and about cried. I bought a new amp about a week ago and everything has been great. I thought the 4x10 was a bit heavy so i decided to put some casters on it. I did that yesterday no problems, drilled into the wood, mounted them, and everythign was cool, but i didn't test the amp. Today i plugged it in and no sound at all. I would think that if some how i had drilled into the speaker (which i didn't) that the top 2 speakers would still work. Its not my bass, the cord, or the head. Do you have any idea what could be wrong. If it helps its a hartke transporter 4x10. Thanks

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Mines not here so I cannot tell you how to take it apart and check the wiring etc but thats what I would do. Maybe the connectors fell off due to vibrations?

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ok sorta a false alarm. I was real worried so i checked everything again. It was the cheapy cord that goes from the amp to the cab. I make it a point of buying nice cords, but since i just got this amp i hadn't had time to get a new short cord for the amp to cab. Thanks

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Your welcome and you are using a speaker lead arent you?