Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Spectors Too Quiet!!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mrboogle, May 22, 2003.

1. mrboogle

mrboogle

Feb 3, 2003
    I got an older spector with passives pups and active elec. goin through a 12" ampeg combo. i like my tone until i play with others then i cant hear myself untill i turn it all the way up at wich point the tone goes all to hell.
    I was thinkin of gettin active emgs since thats what you get in the new spectors, and im assuming the tone would stay pretty close to what it is now only more powerful; since i have had no difficulty hearing mysef through basses w/actives through that same amp.

So, do yall think thats a good plan or should i look into gettin a more powerful amp and/or cab to gauruntee my beautiful spector tone ?????

THANKS

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    My suggestion is to get a new amp...what's the power rating of the amp you have now? Wattage and resistance?

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm with you!!! :)

4. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    If anything if you put EMG pickups in you'll find it even harder to be heard, because the extra bottom they put out will mean that the amp runs out of headroom sooner. If you're not loud enough, the best solution is to add more cabs and possibly more amplifier power.

Alex

5. I had this problem with my Conklin GT4(asian production). I bought the EBS multicomp and now there's no problem. I don't use that much of compression but there's a 0-15db gain.
    might be a solution;)

larry:bassist: