Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Spider senses are tingling! (new Fodera)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I got the bass I've been wanting for nearly 11 years. When I saw a review of a couple of Fodera's by Roger Sadowsky in a Bass Player magazine years ago I knew I had to have one. But I was 19 at the time and didn't have Fodera money. Well I'm 29 and I'm finally in the position to get oNe. I've owned many high end basses, as many as you can name probably, but the Fodera is the one that I always wanted but was reluctant to drop that kind of bread on. A deal came up that was too good to be true. Ed from Bass World hooked me up. I traded in a Ken Smith BSR Elite 5G and VERY little cash and got hthis brand new Fodera. It was just completed 3/11/02 and is now in my hands.
    I chose Bart p/u's over the Seymour's because, to me, they just sound better. I received the bass today and took it to practice tonight and it sounds/plays incredible. I'll try to post pics in a second.

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Pic2. Looks same as the last. I may post a full pic later. The bass is an Emperor 5 Deluxe. Buckeye burl top, ash back, ebony board.

3. :eek: That is a beautiful bass. Congratulations. Is it buckeye Burl? Holy crap! I must have one.

Geoff

4. Wow! Beautiful bass! Congrats on getting the bass you wanted.

So, how does it sound?

Jeff

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    _awesome_ bass, man. i love that buckeye burl...almost looks like camoflauge, or something :D *drool* yeah, that's a really sweet bass...

6. Strangely enough, "holy crap!" was also my reaction.

Congratulations, man. Having just acquired a gorgeous custom bass of my own--without a penny of assistance from any other source--I know the feeling.

7. Great looking bass.

Off Topic: your new movie looks pretty fricken cool.

8. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks everybody! I've never been this way about an instrument before. I feel kind of.... giddy. It's weird. I've owned a lot of nice basses but it's never been a big deal. When this bass arrived today, my hands were literally shaking while I was opening the box. :eek: When I opened the case I wasn't sure what to expect. The guys at Fodera described the bass to me but I had no picture. Upon seeing it I was floored. I picked it up and felt like a father picking up a newborn baby for the first time. I was so afraid of dropping it:D Needless to say I'm EXTREMELY happy with this bass.
    Jeff, I can not put into words the tone of this bass. The whole package, the way it plays, the way it sounds, the way it looks, is just other-worldly to me.

9. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks. I've been working hard. All that webslinging has wreacked havoc on my chops:)

10. Holy Moley Parker! What am I paying you for?? Get some Pics of her in action!

You must be as happy as a pig in....er....dirt :D
    Beautiful bass,bro!!! :D

Ahhh....the joy of finally getting the dream bass after so long.Good for you Peter!Nice ass bass and you must be loving life now with that princess in your arms! :)

Congrats!

11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    OH MY GOD! :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is my FAVORITE buckeye burl top I've ever seen!!!! Congrats, that's AMAZING!

12. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    ...wooah... I think I have to sit down... wait, I already am, uh...

13. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    Hey how about more pics of her. I already USED those a couple times.

Oh Baby..........Ah...Ahh......OOHHHH!!!!!

All kidding aside beautiful Bass. Those must list at what $5000? Realistically what would somebody who doesn't know somebody have to pay to own one?

Have fun with your new baby

14. Sammy

Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    SoCal
    Killer!!!!

It's basses that this that make me think I've got to stop looking at this site;)

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    holy crap. that top is unbelievable. jeezus.

16. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Wow.

:eek:

That bass looks amazing. Peter, seriously. How do you like thus far? Other than the utter amazement of course... Why do you like the Barts better than the Duncan pickups? Believe it or not, the only Foderas I have played had Barts or EMGs.

I too had a similar reaction to yours and Fodera when I first started playing the bass... Now then, if you got one and you are 29, that means I only ave 8 years to go. :(

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    As much fun as it would be to put up a faux peeing in your cornflakes post...

:eek: :)

I'd love to see that bass in person. Congrats.

18. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    congratulations...i now hate you.

:D

19. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Congrats on the Fodera. Its beautiful!! My new
    Emperor 5 Dlx. with Spalted Maple top should be
    here in about a week. The top kind of looks like
    Jeff Raders Sadowsky. They only got three tops
    out of the piece Spalted Maple. I bought the second
    and the third will go on Matt Garrisons new bass.
    I am stoked!! I am selling an Emperor 5 with a Cestnut top. Check out bassgear.com.
    Dan