Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Squier P-Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Proud Bassist, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Proud Bassist

Proud Bassist

Oct 13, 2002
    what should i change in ti to make it better (like as in hardware???)

2. If you like the way it plays and sounds, maybe you don't need to do anything to it right now. If I had one, the first thing I would do would be to change the pickup...but I wouldn't if I didn't have to.

3. I like the tone of my Squier P bass, but got bored with the look. So I swapped the stock white pickguard for a black one, dropped on a bridge cover, and stained the neck and fretboard to make it darker. Everything else, with the exception of the pots, is stock.

4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I dont normally like black pickguards on black basses, but this time im willing to make an exception, THAT THING LOOKS AWSOME!!

5. That's what i thought - that axe looks AWESOME, Chaos!

PB - myself, I never rreally like squires, but you could try new pups, or strings? Depends on what your looking for :)

6. Do you have a backup bass? If so, defret! I found it to be a fun project.

Or you could try dropping in some new pickups, or maybe a bridge and tuners, or a new pickguard.

Or just load the thing up with stickers.

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
  8. Swapping out the bridge for like a BadAss II would increase sustain. I would also suggest swapping out the tuners as well. Swapping out the pickguard is an easy way to give it a different look.

The squier affinity p-basses, are great basses to upgrade. The bodies are solid alder, and they are dirt cheap.