1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My SR500 has a problem with its electronics, please help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HazyMan, Jul 29, 2018.

1. HazyMan

HazyMan

Feb 21, 2018
    My Ibanez SR500 (Possibly made in 2014 due to it's mid freq. switch only having 2 options) has a little problem with its electronics that is really bothering me. The volume and blend knob are fine, but i think that my treble and bass knobs have some issues.
    1. When i tweak my treble knob, i can hear some sort of fuzzy/crackling sound which isn't a huge issue, but it really bothers me and i want to fix it.

2. This one is a lot more complicated to explain and it's about the bass knob.
    So, we all know that in the 3 EQ Knobs on the SR basses there is some sort of "lock" in the middle which lets you know when your EQ is set to flat or "12 o' clock". When i put my bass knob in the middle, i can actually move it just a little bit without getting out of that "lock" zone. There isn't any sort of problem with that, but sometimes when my bass knob is in that lock zone and i move it in a VERY specific way within that lock zone, my bass sound will change A LOT, depending on where the treble knob is set.
    If my treble is all the way up, that bass knob issue will make my bass sound very loud and distorted. If my treble is all the way down, that bass knob issue will remove a lot of the volume from my overall bass sound.
    Is that an issue with the actual electronics, or with the knobs or the pots? Has anyone ever had this issue before?