Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My stewart 2.1 isn't turning on, Aguilar pre isn't doing anything. What gives!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bkchang79, Apr 1, 2003.

1. I just got my Epifani 212 cab in today hooked everything up and mono bridge my stew 2.1 to the epifani. For some reason my stew 2.1 took awhile to turn on and the output wasn't that loud. I tried adjusting the gains on the Aguilar db659, but the volume or any of the eq (mid, bass, treble) didn't have any changes in sound. I turned everything off and now my stewart won't turn on again. I have pictures of the wiring setup and what it looks like from the front.

Speaker cable from the amp to Epifani's input speakon

Aguilar XLR to 1/4 stewart

update:
    I tried plugging the amp on other outlets in my house and the amp isn't kicking in. Keep in mind that the amp is brand spanking new. I have no idea why my Aguilar preamp wasn't doing anything when I tried to shape the eq and turn up the volume. And yes the amp gains were on full when it worked the first time.

update 2:
    OK, ***. My stewart takes about 15mins to turn on. Is this normal? I still can't figure out the preamp problem.

2. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    weird. Have you tried plugging any other inputs into the Stewart? Try just a CD player or something, just to make sure the problem isn't all in your preamp.

Of course, that doesn't explain the 15-minute turnon cycle...

edit: also check both sides of the Stewart -- it's basically two separate amps. See if one or both or neither works independently

3. I used the unbalanced to unbalanced and the preamp works, but I get alot of hiss. Why can't I use the XLR to unbalanced? Or does it have to be one or the other balanced to balaced or unbalanced to unbalanced.