My Stolen Basses at King of Prussia This Weekend

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by rogerbmiller, Jul 9, 2008.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I recently had some basses stolen in the Reading, PA area. See this post.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5968100#post5968100

The local detectives caught the thief. These basses, and some checks were stolen by my Mom's housekeeper.

The basses were pawned at a pawn shop in Shillington, PA.

If any TB-er out here picked them up, please do the right thing and notify the police.

You can call Detective Fikk in Shillington at 610-777-3947. I will reimburse you what you paid at the pawn shops. These basses have sentimental value to me. Please.

If any other TB-ers are attending the guitar show near Philidelphia at King of Prussia this weekend, please keep an eye out for the basses. THey are:

1982 Aria Pro II SB-900. 2 pickups. Paduck red stain. Bass has some dings, most notably a gouge from the finger board by the E string 7th fret. Also, the bass has 2 stacked knobs. The lower stacked top know is a replacement and does not match the stock know. Serial number on the back of the headstock begins with 2. Also, the bridge pickup is a Kent Armstrong clone that was built for me in 2004. The dead stock pickup is in the Kaces gig bag and may have been sold with the bass.

Aria Pro II SB-R60. Paduck red stain. Lots of dings on this one,. Several large drill holes in the upper horn and a chunk missing there as well. The coil tap switch is fickle. Knobs are transpartent black numeral knobs, not the stock machine knobs that were featured on this bass. Serial number I believe starts with 1 for 1981. Was in a guitar research gig bag.

Aria Pro II RSB. Black bass, 4 in line headstock. Same stack knobs as the SB900. The nut has a chunk missing so there is no slot for the e string. Was in a guitar research gig bag.

Fernandes Jazz Copy. Black with white pickguard. Pretty clean shape. MIJ. Sticker/serial number on back connoted a 1992 model. Has a copper grounding wire running from bridge PU to the bridge. Was in a Peavey Gig bag.

Please folks, if you see any of these basses at the show, they are my stolen property. Please take down the sellers information and notify the King of Prussia police immediately.

Thanks.

2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump. Please let me know if you see anything. Thanks.

3. Prayers are with you....

4. monkeyland

monkeyland

Jul 1, 2008
    Ft Myers, Florida
    Endorsing artist: Curt Mangan Strings, JH Audio
    man i had one of those fernandez jazzes once upon a time. mine was white and it got stolen out of my house. i feel your pain

5. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Bummer. I'll be on the lookout even though I'm on the opposite end of the country.

6. Roger - I know some musicians up in Bucks County and I referred them an edited version of your posts. Hope that was okay. If you get word that any of the basses might have made it as far as Balto/DC please let me know; I'll ask around locally too.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021