Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My story of temptation.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Dec 29, 2005.

1. So last night I was at home when I get an IM from an ex-girlfriend of mine that I had dated during the summer. She asks if we want to go meet up somewhere and just catch up on things (I haven't seen her in a few months). Now, since we broke up she usually only talked to me if she needed a favor or a question that I would know/do. So I'm pretty surprised that she asked me to just meet up with her. But hey, I'm not doing anything better, so why not?

First we harmlessly go to a Starbucks and just catch up on the times. Wow, she's only gotten more attractive since I've last seen her. She was always a little out there, so it didn't surprise me when she told me of her future plans of moving away soon out of the country. But what did surprise me is that since we last spoke she had a mental breakdown and was hospitalized. But that's not really that important to the story. Starbucks closes at 11:00 and we're on our way back.

Anyways, we decide it's a good idea to go to my house to watch a movie. We did that a lot while we were dating, but that doesn't mean anything has to happen though, right? Anyways, instead of heading into my game room to grab a movie, instead she wanders in my room. Of the various times she's
    been to my house, she's never been in there before. Ever.

First she gives herself a tour of my room - she wades through my extremely messy room going through random stuff. We're still talking about life and other random things, when she grabs a note I had on my desk. It was a note I had wrote for the girl I'm currently dating. The note was intended to go on the christmas gift I had gotten for her - we've both been really busy lately and thus she doesn't have the gift/note. This being a pretty personal note I didn't want her to see, I ask her to give it back when she says no and then hides it behind her back. I reach for it around her back to grab the note, and she's not letting go. Eventually she falls back when my hand still behind her back on the note, pulling me down with her.

And there it was: Late night, lights low, and I'm on top of my ex-girlfriend on my bed with nobody around. I could have gotten away with murder at that point.

No one ever had to know. The girl I'm dating wouldn't have to know. The guy she was dating wouldn't have to know. This could be ours. She's not wearing underwear.

We're close. I start to move closer...and...I....I....

I couldn't. I stopped myself, and pulled away.

I just couldn't bring myself to cheat. Even though things right now aren't the greatest with the girl I'm with and we ourselves may end soon, but I will never, ever cheat. I can't do it. Don't get me wrong - a part of me wanted it. A part of me wanted it bad. But I won't do that. I'm so disgusted with myself right now for even fashioning the idea of doing that.

After she left, I realized I'm glad I made my decision. This girl is a cancer, and if I ever see her again, it's too soon.

2. DeepCalls2Deep

DeepCalls2Deep

Jun 25, 2005
    East Texas
    smart man .....

seriously.

and do NOT let anyone tell you otherwise.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    how many times have i been in that situation?

one, and i wont let myself get there again.

you're a smart man

4. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I think he's lying.

5. i too think he is lying.
    My theory is that his current girl read this site, and so he wrote this here to make sure she thinks nothing really happend. But they really made a s3x tape and has accidentally sent it to her.

The plot thickens.....

6. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    So now he has to drive across the country with DJ Qualls?

7. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I think he's lying as well, but only cause he said starbucks closes at 11.

8. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Why should you feel disgusted with yourself? An attractive girl that you know and have at least minor feelings for (if only in a friendly sense) made a very blatant pass at you. Having the concept of getting away with cheating pass through your mind isn't a horrendous act, even if your other relationship isn't going so well. The important thing is, when the chips were down (forgive the cliche), you realized what was right and acted on it.

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    How did you know she wasn't wearing underwear, huh?

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I salute you, man.

11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    What is WRONG with you people?

PICS! :D

12. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
  13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Ummm....dumbass.

(JK)

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

15. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    IMO you shouldn'tve gone back to your place with your ex if you were already seeing someone. If you were still friends, that's one thing, but not if you just see her randomly out of the blue.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Romance novels on TB...nice. Looks like a fantasy to me.

-Mike

17. DING! :cool:

I agree.

You didn't cheat on your current girl - Good, very honorable. ;)

I just don't understand why anyone who is dating someone has to meet up with an ex, and then bring her back to an empty house. (I'm assuming the house was empty) All this does is set the stage for disaster. I believe that people who do this want something to happen.

I'm not bashing you in particular, jrthebassguy, just people in general who do this, then can't understand why their new love interest dumps them when they find out about a situation like this.

Leave the past in the past, that's what I believe.

Not preaching, just airing my own view of things.

Mike

18. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago

"Dear Penthouse Forum:
    I never thought I'd be writing to you, but...."

:D

19. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    In my view also, he said he started to move in closer to her but eventually couldn't bring himself to do it. In my book, that's basically cheating because it was still on his mind and he didn't stop himself from the split second she pulled him down on the bed. I know that what defines cheating is a sticky subject, but if it were me, I might as well have cheated because it would have felt the same to me guilt wise.