1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

My strings make a popping noise when touched if I'm not touching the strings or bridge - Mixer only.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by usernamev19, Jul 14, 2019.

1. usernamev19

usernamev19

Jul 10, 2019
    I have my fender rumble 40 and Mackie 402VLZ-4 mixer both plugged into the same wall socket. When I plug my bass and headphones into the Rumble, I get no popping/static whatsoever. But when I do the same (bass and phones) on my mixer, I get popping if I touch the strings and my other fingers are not touching the strings or bridge.

Does anyone know why it's happening on the mixer and not the amp? Any suggestions for how to fix it? I intended to return the rumble and practice through the mixer since I'll be in college.

Also, it seems that the G string sounds quite a bit louder through the mixer with eqs set flat just like the rumble. I looked up the popping and it's supposed to be a grounding/shielding issue or a house wall socket issue - but no mention of it happening on different devices. I also recall having the same issue with a rumble 25, and both it and the rumble 40 have a 3 prong connection is that makes any difference. Thank you.

Would a Furman SS-6B eliminate static/the pops? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SS6Block--furman-ss-6b-6-outlet-power-strip

Here is the mixer in question: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/402VLZ4--mackie-402vlz4-4-channel-mixer

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021