1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My super-Dooper effects plan

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnm0187, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Ok...I used to have effects, and then I sold them all. I knew this was going to happen, but I still sold them anyway. I have super gas for effects.

I'm going to make my own pedal board this weekend, and start searching for effects. I'm planning on getting a Dunlop Wah, Digitech Bass Synth Wah, Dod 250 Pre/Od, Mini Q-tron, and I will add others as I get more money.

My main question is how should I power this all? If I get a One Spot which effects will I need the adapter for out of these 4 pedals?

2. SubversivePinko

SubversivePinko No use for an ironic title

Feb 19, 2005
    Bellingam, WA
    I really like the 1-spot. You should only need an adapter for the Q-tron. The EHX adapters are $3 with free shipping direct from Visual Sound.

3. sweet thanks...

I'm guessing you would also need an adapter for Bassballs then? Because I might pick one of those up to see if I like it.

4. Yeah...the smaller EHX pedals (Mini Q and Bassballs) use 1/8" jacks like headphone jacks, but the OneSpot (or Godlyke Powerall as an alternative) uses Barrel-type jacks.

You'll probably want to get a daisy chain as well.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The Dod 250 pre also uses the same jack as the ehx pedals

6. thanks...I think I'm good for now.

John