Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My super special rosin concoction!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by kawaeegirl, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Have you ever wished rosin was more...
    FUN?! Wouldnt it be so cool to have rosin in different colors, shapes with glitter and little suprises in the center?!
    I mean this would eliminate rosin identity crises!
    Well, I took it upon myself to test my idea out!
    I microwaved my rosin (pops) and it got all goey then I added purple glitter and appropriate decor and tada!
    Maybe one day I could start my own line of designer rosin called: Ms. Pops!
    :)

2. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    Oh my god.

Glitter... rosin... bow hair....

NOOOOOOOO!:bawl:

3. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I use Jade Rosin which is green.:)

4. Jade Rosin also smells like beef jerkey. We called it the jerkey rosin.
    We called Pops the sticky crap.
    What kind of toy did you stick in the middle? Like a toy car or something? I bet the glitter isn't good for the bow though.

5. Does your bow feel 'fabulous' with its glittery rosin???

6. And while we are at it, lets paint our basses to match our toenails!

NOT!!!!:rollno:

I don't know about anybody else, but I think having little chunks of glitter in your rosin and then transfering it to the bow sounds like a REALLY bad idea to me....:eyebrow:

Hopefully you aren't serious about this :(

Shelly

7. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Hey guys, cut her some slack... Some people like to customize/personalize their gear. That said, I would not reccomend glitter in the rosin. I don't know what it'll do to the bow hair, but I know it'll cause a problem if the glittery rosin gets on the finish of your instrument. That would be tricky to clean. You can probably make it different shapes or colors though. Good Luck!

8. +1 to that - you could have glitter in the middle of the cake - it doesn't have to go on the bow hair - it sounds cool to me - sounds like its mission accomplished from everyone here - no-one wants to nick it and hell - it does have style - might not be yours but there you go. In fact - yo put anything you liked in the middle of a cake just like the craze (it might not have travelled accross the Atlantic mind you) to set things in resin and have them as paper weights in gift shops - who the hell uses paper wieghts anyway.

9. ToR-Tu-Ra

ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City
    You could put a mosquito in the middle of the cake. It would be so... hmmm... Jurassic Park :D

10. LOL!!! A mosquito in the middle of pops.

11. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    jeez! ok MAYBE if you had really BIG pieces of glitter that sunk to the bottom of the cake it might be ok, but adding colours too? i think there's a good chance you might end up with unplayable, coloured, glittery bowhair. but the idea of putting some object in the middle of a cake, now that might just catch on! i've heard of people leaving a coin on the top of the cake, and a few weeks later - ta daa - it's at the bottom and apperently looks cool... still wouldnt put it on my bow tho!

12. just trying to make something so impersonal like me. Turning an everyday thing into art is what I like to do.
    But dont worry I dont actually USE it!!! I just keep it with all my bass memorabilia. :)
    There could be a line of suprise rosin where you get some mystery insect in the middle!

13. ToR-Tu-Ra

ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City
    Or maybe chewing gum?:smug:

14. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    like a stickier version of a kinder surprise? except it would take a LONG time to open it...:D

15. ToR-Tu-Ra

ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City
    Maybe It could work as an incentive to practice a lot of bowing. I get lazy sometimes (most of the times, really):smug:

16. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Would'nt Dye and glitter be bad for you bow, and strings? Yikes!

17. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    :eyebrow:

18. bpclark

bpclark

Apr 30, 2003
    West Central, OH
    How about a chewy candy treat in center. I can see the ad for it now.

"How many swipes does it take to get to the center of a tootsie Pops? 1...2..." :p

19. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    I can't imagine how glitter could do any more significant harm to bowhair than the strings themselves do harm when you bow them.

(it was either that, or spreading a rumor that the edges of rosin cakes damage bowhair when you swipe them with your bow)

20. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    You know.... if you put tiny flecks of gold leaf in the rosin- like the gold in Goldwasser liquer- it probably wouldn't harm anything (gold leaf can be made only a few atomic layers thick). And *someone* would claim it improved the sound.

Anyone wanna split the cost of a barrel of colophony and some gold leaf?

;-)