Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Sweet Bass Score!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by quartermoonpro, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Just scored a brand new Conklin (blemish) GT4 at musicians friend outlet for $290.00. It has the bartolini active pups and sounds so sweet for regular or slap! Man, I'm so excited!
    :hyper:
    not often do I find deals like this!
    had to tell someone!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    pics! :) nice score.

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Don't worry, we have all seen GT's. Where is the musiciansfriend outlet at, just curious.

4. Kansas City, Missouri. About 20 minutes south of the Airport. They used to have several regional outlet stores, but consolidated them to Kansas City probably 3 or so years ago.

5. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Nice deal, nice bass...I'm jealous.

6. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    What makes it a blem? What defect designated it so?

7. Has two slight places in the finish on the back of the body and missing one of the strap lock knobs..
    But hey, it's a score! :bassist:

8. GregBreshears

GregBreshears Commercial User

Jun 6, 2002
    Independence, MO
    Owner: Greg Breshears Guitarworks
    The best thing about the outlet store is you can get all their catalog stuff there too....without having to wait and pay shipping. You do have to pay tax there (but you have to anyway if you live in MO). Not all the instruments are damaged/blims either, they have some that were just returned cause people didn't like them. They also do have alot of totally trashed stuff too which can be used for parts and projects if you've got the time. I'm friends with a few of the people who work there and one of them has the job of assessing and repairing (if they need it) returns. There are somethings that get returned needing only trussrod adjustments or a pot rewired. It's a pretty cool place.