My sweet new Yamaha TRB1006 (pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Jan 28, 2006.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I got this beaut yesterday, sounds amazing, the neck is really comfortable, the action came low as hell (just the way i love it) and the fret work, for a mass produced bass, is flawless.
    BTW this is my first 35" scale bass and i cant tell the difference between my 33.82" Vigier and this babe and i have small hands.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's a beautiful bass. I hope it serves you well.
  3. Congrats man. That's the exact bass I've been hoping to save up for by my birthday. I have it bookmarked. Do you know if it's made in Japan?
  4. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Welcome to the world of 6 stringers! That's an awesome looking bass.
  5. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
  6. Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Go Yamaha! My older TRB6p can tell stories to your new one.
  7. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Beautiful bass! I'm not a 6-string guy myself (I'm having enough trouble trying to get the hang of 4. :help: ) but thats a purty piece.

I'm sure that photos don't do that finish justice -- it's to die for!
  8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  9. Very nice, congrat Man..
  10. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Very sexy body. I'll bet it sounds awesome. Congrats.
  11. tomfouts

Jan 4, 2006
    Boston, MA
    the woods on that bass are so sexy:eek:
  12. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Congrats! I'm a little jealous that you have yours. I just put down the money to purchase the same bass; however, it's on back-order. :crying: I will probably have to wait another month for it to come in. :eyebrow: I could have gotten it in black faster, but I absolutely want the natural finish.

Did yours come with a case? Mine will not. It's a shame that I'll have to take it home in a box, but that's life... I'll have to save up for a case.

I figure by the time I'm comfortable enough to use my new bass on a gig, I will have saved up enough for a case (that will probably be on back-order also).

I have only played a TRB1005. The tone controls are so easy to use. I loved everything about that bass. I know I'm gonna love the TRB1006.

PS. How about some nice sound clips of your new bass? :bassist:
  13. To the owners of this bass: Would you please tell me if it is made in Japan or Korea? The more I look at that natural finish, the more I love it. The woods are just so nice.
  14. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    man... that thing looks so sweet. that natural finish looks so good!
    hope you enjoy it!
  15. Congrats.

Any possible chance of soundclips? I have always wanted to hear one and i have never had the chance.

16. I these are made in Korea while the higher end TRB's and JM2's(John Myung Sig) are made in Japan, but i'm not 100% sure, they might all be made in Korea.
  17. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I can give you some clips if you tell me where to upload them.
    This bass doesnt come with a case but i already had one so i just bought a gold series gigbag. I had the same problem with the color but this beaut was at Yamaha's Belgium dealer so my local store got me one in just 1 week.
    I dont know where are this basses being made, but I can tell you that once you hear them you wont care.
    I was able to compare this bass against the 6II (the prev TRB bolt-on series), and they sounded the same howevr the gold hardware and the swamp ash grain under translucent red of the 6II looked better but the 1006 was 300€ cheaper.
  18. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The TRB1005 is made in Korea, I assume the TRB106 is Korean made also.
  19. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Congratulations, that looks like a wonderful bass. :)

I went through some hardcore GAS for one of those a few months ago. The only thing that kept me from pulling the trigger was that there was not a lot of information available about these newer Korean TRB's. They seem to be getting very good reviews, however.