1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My SWR Workingman's 10... 1999-2015...?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rojo412, Mar 30, 2015.

1. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    After 16 years of this amp being my go-to for small gigs, practice, reference, etc, the little bastard crapped out on me! I thought it was a blown fuse, but it isn't the issue.

What would the next link in the chain be for what might be not working? Is there anything I can test or inspect that may be the culprit?
    -Fuse is good, tried new fuses, nothing blows
    -I flicked the power on and the light goes on for a second or two, but then fades out.
    -Power cable is fine, it works in my other amp. I also tried another, also works in the amp, so that's not the issue.
    -The amp worked just fine a couple days back, didn't stress it out. I brought it back home, then back to the practice, went to turn it on and NOTHIN'.

While I'm not opposed to taking it in for service, I'm also the kind of person who likes to fix my own stuff. So if you can help me figure this out, I'd be very appreciative!

EDIT: After risking life and limb (not really), I jiggled the switch connections and it sprung to life. So I may just need a switch. Any ideas where to find a switch like this:

IMG_1182.JPG IMG_1181.JPG

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. Check for numbers molded into the switch and hit the google for a spec sheet. If it's NLA, there are probably a half dozen equivalent switches available from Digikey, Mouser, Newark, or one of the other online electronic suppliers.