1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My SX Ursa 1 "P" bass & LaBella 0760M Strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silvertones, Oct 22, 2010.

1. silvertones

silvertones

Apr 19, 2010
    Been playin' 45 years. 59 years old.
    Just put these on my new SX and they are awesome for most of the stuff I do. Old 1960s RNR & Country. I used these many,many years back when I was a kid on my 64 fender "P". I've got to tell ya though I'm so used to my Carvin BB75 that plays like a guitar with light gauge strings. I use my pinky of course to make the stretch. Well my pinky needs a whole lot of exercise to get used to pushing down on these monsters. I do love the sound though.

Now a few pointers if you are anticipating these strings for your SX Ursa 1.
    1. The wholes in the bridge for the "E" & "A" string need to be drilled a little larger.
    2. The nut for the "E" string needs to be filed a little also or you'll crack the nut.Kinda like I did. Looked OK but not quite I guess. Staying together but Kurt has one on the way for me.:crying:

2. silvertones

silvertones

Apr 19, 2010
    I had a new nut shipped out from Rondo for the sake of time and only $6.95 with shipping however I wanted to get a graphtech nut. Has anyone ever used the Precut Fender P bass graphtech nut.It;\'s curved and I believe SX is flat.The dimensions are perfect but curved bottom. All the flat bottom ones are too big.