my tale is between my legs....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    yes, i know how to spell tail. just realized that title can be taken many ways. oh well, in the less interesting way.....

a lot of people here know the nerve! has been planning a small tour in europe, for over a year. due to a lot of reasons we are once again not going, and have our sights set on HOPEFULLY doing so come this fall.

main problem we're having is the promoter who has been booking the tour is not doing as good a job of it as he and we thought he would. he got us 2 gigs in Amsterdam, and someone else we know got us 2 gigs in Belgium. we had a total of 4 gigs in a 10 day period, with a couple of maybes and decided this was insane. my car cost me $300 in repairs last month, my cat cost $400 because of a lump on his side and constipation, we'd be paying our own way to europe, and the idea of going there wound up sounding like complete insanity. it would put us out for months afterward.

we need a new cd. we have about 15 unrecorded songs. if we put our europe funds toward a new cd we will have something much stronger to go to europe with in the fall, and we'd have smiles on our faces. if we went now it would not be a good thing. i believe this is a wise business decision, something i'm not entirely used to making. :)

that's my tale.

just felt the need to put it out there since the trip has been mentioned in other threads.
  2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    sound like the right decision.
  3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Europe will have to wait. It sounds like the Nerve! Made the right decision. Very professional. Is the kitty okay?
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey...I'd rather have a copy of the new Nerve CD than a bunch of stories from you about getting ripped off in Belgium by a shady promoter!

Let us know when we can score a copy of that CD Joe!

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Joe...I'm not sure if it's up your alley, but have you considered USO or Armed Forces Entertainment tours?

Your expenses are paid, and the crowds are actually APPRECIATIVE.
  6. Definately the right decision.

You're smart in trying to keep the trip self sufficient!

More than I can say for my band...
    Last year my band did some stuff out in LA. We basically went out there and played 2 shows for the LA Music Awards. Two round trip trips for 5 guys was insane, especially for ZERO payoff AND 2 crappy shows. LA Music awards- :spit:
  7. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Good choice. Hit the studio with that $$$.
  8. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Joe, get some english gigs FFS !!
  9. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    are you planning to come to london ?
  10. Yeah joe, is better to postpone it. You don,t want to go now and have it turn into a BAD experience. :eek:
  11. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    thanks guys. the cat i think is okay... i'm waiting for the cytology report on the lump he has, but the vet almost guaranteed it was nothing. the constipation cost more than having the lump checked, and it was really odd - in 10 yrs. the cat NEVER had an emergency visit to the vet. 3 days before his appointment for the lump he decides to stop deficating. they took an x-ray and he was literally stuffed to the throat. had to spend a night in the kitty hospital getting enemas. funny, when i picked him up they asked if he was normally a well tempered cat. "he's one of the best," i told them, and they said, "well then he's definitely had enough of us." uhh duh! i don't think he was having the best of times there.

as for the tour, IF it happens as we hope in the fall we'll be going to the netherlands, germany and belgium. that's where our contacts are that are getting us gigs. i'd LOVE to go england. always wanted to do that. hopefully it will happen one day soon also.

zulu, armed forces would not like the things we sing about.
  12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have a two-word synonym for a cat with $400 worth of health problems.

Dead cat.

13. Crab Bait. Sorry joe, just kidding! He started it

A fellow cat owner. :)