Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My talkbass.com is broke

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Impulsee, Jan 18, 2003.

1. when i used to open talkbass, there was like 8 forums that had the latest posts on them. so id open talkbass, see thoes and check some out. now when i open talkbass, the little box of forums is gone!!~!!. WHAT HAPPENED!!~!!

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I hope you have insurance...this is going to be expensive.

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    It is on the left sidebar of the front page, a scrolling list of the latest forums...

4. Making stuff move...... it's progress.

And that scrolling list has been there since the start of the new front page, yeah?

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I know, i really miss it, and wish paul would bring it back. sure, the scrolling thing is fancy. but who cares. i liked to see how many posts a new thread had and have them right there on the page, instead of having to wait for the thing to scroll down for me to look at all of them

6. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I agree, change it back. You used to see something new every time you showed up. Now, you have to scroll down and then wait for the scrolly thingy to come down.

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I say this thread be renamed and put in the Sugjestion Box. or at least someone should ask for it back.

8. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    If you want to see what's new, what you do is hit the New Since Last Login button. Instead of 8 new things, you get hundreds!

9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You just don't get it do you. if we are to lazy to wait for the scrolling thingy to come down, why on earth would we take the time to click on ANOTHER link to see the new posts? and don't give me hundreds i'm way to stupid to handle that kind of count, hook me up with the sweet, nice, 8 post thingy that tells me who started the post, and how many posts were on it, RIGHT ON THE FRONT page, and are not comma's the greatest thing ever? ;)

10. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yeah I second that.

Also, I hate the scrolly thing, it takes forever for me. The main reason being while im waiting for it, I slowly approach it with my cursor to see where the 'stop-start' boundry's are, which usually adds a good minute to the wiating time...:(

11. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Hundreds is way too many, and I don't like to login unless I'm going to post.

12. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yup. I'll make it a third.

13. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    So stop looking after you look at the first 8. It'll be the same posts that would have been on that first page anyway.

14. its just not the same. I used to open talkbass, instalntly 8 of the latests posts woudl be there. if i wanted to look at one, i would. if one of the 8 dident interest me, id move on to other stuff. idk, i liked seeing it big in frount of me, tehres just something about the side scrool bar thats just not as inviting or something. change it back or talkbass might suffer. LOL im not joke. like i wanna be a supporting member, but i dont if its gonna be liek this becasue thoes 8 posts box like...make me love talkbass so much, becuase that took me to different forums and started the whole exploration of the site. if that wasent there, i wouldent vists talkbass as much.

15. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    dude... make the "new since last login" your homepage. every time you turn on internet explorer, it takes you right to them. And as you said you liked, it is right there in front of you! And! and! It's more than just 8 of them. All right in front of your face! What a concept! :eek:

Those 8 little things don't make talkbass any different than any other forum. The incredible wealth of knowledge withing talkbass make it different than any other forum.

16. i know i know. i just liked the 8. i dont wnna look at a bunch of different forums. just 8. 8 is a good #. insted of searching lots of forums, i like just seeing a quick 8, if one catches my eye, ill go there, if not ill move on. its just..quicker.

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah scrolly thing blows, it's sooooooooo slow.

18. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    So if none of those 8 interest you, you move on to a different site? As if those 8 were the only threads on talkbass?

19. but they arent. theres no what if.