1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my talkbass machine nearly died

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by santucci218, Feb 23, 2008.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    yeah, my computer was almost destroyed this morning. My grandfather loves online poker, so i bought myself a new laptop about a month ago and gave him the older one. His is right beside mine on the desk. He blows his nose into a tissue and than throws it on the table. it gets stuck on the side of my computer infront of the air vent and it heated up real bad. I assume it was stuck ther for about an hour before i tried to get on and saw it wasnt working.

It didnt start up for about an hour, but now it seems to be working...but it has been making a few funny noises. im nervous.

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Most PC's have an internal temp monitor and they will shut down if they get too hot. Especially the newer models.

If it did overheat, you will start to noticed degraded performance over the next few days until something just dies.

If it's making a noise it's probably a bearing in a fan going bad due to stress on the fan.

3. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Good place for a used tissue, the table.

4. It probably sucked the snot out of the tissue and all over the innards of your computer. Make sure your anti virus software is updated ;)

5. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Very baaaad.

6. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I can't imagined "snot filled Kleenex" is covered under your warranty.

7. Make sure that it's still blowing out air (your laptop, not your grandfather). If it's not, you might have busted a fan.