1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my teachers are all a bunch of jerks!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Apr 29, 2009.

1. all but one moved the finals to this week, and i don't get to study because of it. i have to show up next week on one day and take a test. then i play my jury.

sorry. im in a complaining mood. . .

carry on. nothing to see here:bag:

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I know, teachers suck, expecting me to do homework and all that. Thats why I dropped out when I was 14 and started playing the bass. Now Im a millionaire!

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I feel bad for you, man.

Study as much as possible! They say that cramming isnt as good for your mind as a good nights rest. Keep that in mind.

4. i've been running on redbull and no-dose since september. i get about 4 hours a night but i have to go to class and then work. ill catch up on sleep after this week.

5. better than being told last night that our final was that night.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    9ap8ad.

7. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    haha.

8. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Jury? You're in law school?

Your teachers want to see if any of you are smart enought to ask for a continuance:D

9. Just knuckle down and get on with it :p

10. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    There there snookums. It's okay. Them big bad teachers just aren't playing fair. Guess you gonna just have study a widdle bit harder. Here, have an ice cream. It'll make you feel better.

waaaah.

11. music. i have to play a piece for a panel of professors to prove i did something this semester.

12. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    What's the criteria of your Jury?

13. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Mark Wilson has some relevant experience on Jury playing I think.

Some. Just a bit.

14. So if you have had all semester, surely you can play the tune already? :bag:

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    You'll grow up some day, look back on this time and realize it was you who was the jerk the whole time and your teachers were actually pretty cool people.

-Mike

16. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    You can do it, man. I once took a Music Lit final after working overnight at Kinko's and breezing through my condensed notes 15 minutes before the test. Wound up with a B. If you've been going to class and doing the assignments, you'll be fine.

Same deal with your jury. If you've been practicing all semester, it shouldn't be a big deal.

17. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
  18. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Its this sort of stuff that makes me glad I've left school and headed off to uni.

You'll realise that your teachers aren't "jerks" soon enough, they didn't plan this whole thing in an attempt to get at you. They're absolutely spoonfeeding you everything and probably putting a lot more time into you than you realise. Appreciate them a little bit.

19. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I've been called worse.

20. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    As have I. ;)