My Three Moons

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by lewibassist, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Hiya i saw that michael manring play a piece called " My three Moons " he played it on multiple basses on the bass day 98 dvd. It sounds great does anyone know were i can get any info on this track. Is there any transcriptions anywhere ??. I also saw a guy playing it on one of the Benavente namm vids.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The song is from the album "thonk" there is a book available with transcriptions for all the songs on that album. Both the album and the book are kind of hard to find, but if you dig around online(or ask michael) you might be able to get your hands on one. I found a copy of the thonk transcription book at a music store outside of oakland(where michael lives incidentally) I would have bought it, but many of the pieces are not only very technical and challenging, but they require basses that I don't have(like the hyperbass)

So, sorry I can't point you to a source of the book, but it is out there, if you'd like I could move this thread to the 'ask steve lawson/michael manring forum'