Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Thumb Just Arrived!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vegaas, Sep 25, 2002.

1. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    It looks great! Unfortunatly I am at work :( , so I will have to wait 6 hours to plug it in and try it out.
    Very excited.
    Its a Warwick Thumb Bolt-On 4. 2001
    Bought it used off of ebay. It looks to be in mint condition.
    Cant wait to get home.

2. une picture s'il vous plait?

please post a pic and samples

3. I think I have your solution:

"Boss, I'm really feeling sick right now, my wife called and said that someone ran over our dog, my grandmother broke her hip and the kids can't find the remote."

4. Ahhh, comme c'est bon d'entendre du Français ...
    Comme mon cher cousin, I agree you must post pictures (or drawing if you have magic hands) of your thumb.

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i once lost part of a pinkie at work and they let me go straight to the hospital. i don't see why receiveing a new thumb should be any different...
    ;)

6. mais fracais c'set mon trosieme langue.

7. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Will take pics of it tonight.
    It arrived just in time, my band has a gig Saturday night. I wanted to have some time to get used to it before I play it on stage. I think 3 days is sufficient!
    Man I am hyped.
    I think I am starting to come down with a fever, feel achy, stomach hurts. I might have to make this a half day at work.;)

P.S. Does anyone know who I would contact if I run into a problem with my Warwick. I have heard great things about their customer service. Would the fact that I bought it used affect the service?

Thanks for any info,
    Vegaas

8. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hope you like it.... I had one at one time but sold it... Just wasn't cutting it...

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

shouldn't affect it all. www.danabgoods.com for contact info.

i just got my first bolt on warwick ever a week ago (thumb BO6 fretless) and i was VERY impressed after playing neck thrus for 4 years. have fun with her!!!

AND POST SOME PICS!

10. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Thanks for the replies, I will check out the site.
    I didnt have a chance to take pics yet, not sure where I put the digital camera. Hopefully I will find it tonight after band practice.
    Question for you Warwick owners. Is the bridge pick-up supposed to be alot quieter than the neck pick-up?
    I was testing out the sounds last night and noticed that the volume is much louder when I go to just the neck pick-up and much quieter when I go to just the bridge pick-up. I am not sure if this is the way it supposed to sound, or if I am having a problem with the bridge pick-up. I know the tone should be different, but not sure about volume. Just want to make sure everything is functioning the way it should be. This is my first Thumb bass, so I am not sure how the pick-ups should sound. By the way the pick-ups are MEC.
    Thanks for any help you can give. I posted this question in the pick-ups forum this morning but havent gotten an answer.
    Vegaas

11. Vegaas, perhaps you just need to reset the pickup height. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. I used to own a Streamer Standard and Dana B. Goods was always good about answering questions.:)

12. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Wow, Warwick tech support replied to my email within 10 minutes of my sending it! That is customer service, I see now why everyone has such good things to say about them.
    They told me just what you said Bassplayer, try adjusting the PU first because the strings have much less output closer to the bridge. Going to give it a try tonight and hope that is the problem.

13. Cool. Well, let us know how it turns out! Did you get an owner's manual with your Thumb? If not, you can download one from Warwick's website. Most manuals suggest certain pickup heights. If you're not experienced with setting up your own basses, perhaps you should take it to a pro for a setup.:)