Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My TI Jazz Flats G just broke

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FireAarro, Dec 27, 2004.

1. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Grr! Broke right at the ball. I was planning on trying rounds again or moving up to some higher tension string in general and now I have some incentive to do it. It sucks though, I was thinking of keeping the JF set somewhere if I wanted them back in the future. Just needed to vent.

By the way, anyone got some recommendations for some nickel rounds? I don't want anything too bright or thin and I liked the JF's mids.

2. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I've been playing D'Addario EXL-170s for about 6 years and I love them. Nice round tone, good feel to them.

3. Go see Steve at the Dude Pit....he can get you a single string for around $9 or so......

4. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Yeah, that's where I got that string from... It amounts to about $17AUD with shipping. I wanna try rounds again though, haven't put a set of my own choice of rounds on this bass yet.

5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

+1 :hyper:

6. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    How does the tension of Lo-Riders compare to the EXLs? I'm using EXLs on my other bass, but I feel like trying something new perhaps.