1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My TI Jazz Flats G just broke

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FireAarro, Dec 27, 2004.

1. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Grr! Broke right at the ball. I was planning on trying rounds again or moving up to some higher tension string in general and now I have some incentive to do it. It sucks though, I was thinking of keeping the JF set somewhere if I wanted them back in the future. Just needed to vent.

By the way, anyone got some recommendations for some nickel rounds? I don't want anything too bright or thin and I liked the JF's mids.

2. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I've been playing D'Addario EXL-170s for about 6 years and I love them. Nice round tone, good feel to them.

3. Go see Steve at the Dude Pit....he can get you a single string for around $9 or so......

4. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Yeah, that's where I got that string from... It amounts to about $17AUD with shipping. I wanna try rounds again though, haven't put a set of my own choice of rounds on this bass yet.

5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

+1 :hyper:

6. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    How does the tension of Lo-Riders compare to the EXLs? I'm using EXLs on my other bass, but I feel like trying something new perhaps.