Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my tone/riff i want feedback on

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by conk97, May 17, 2005.

1. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
  2. Uh...Ok. The tone, is perhaps usable, the riff....Not so much so.

3. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    i should have put i was using my 20watt ****e practice amp and a cheap mic to record.

4. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Well it could be the gear you are recording with but it's kinda hard to get a proper fell for the riff.Also just a little snippet like that is hard.Put in context!

5. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    How low are you playing? It sounds like you're playing between Low B and E and that's not the best judge of tone. A 10-20 second clip set around A to E is where the real tone of the bass is gonna come from. I prefer playing in A (5th Fret E string bass) for a good judge of bass tonal character.

-Eric.

6. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    i am playing low B and E....i'll record something on the A string and make it a bit longer...dont know what tho

7. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    i recorded this just..ignore this riff i stole the main pattern from 'World So Cold' by mudvayne.

But hows the tone? (i used Sound Forge to record and it gives a much better quality than audacity)

http://rapidshare.de/files/1864062/mikeriff.mp3.html