Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Toys

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ranthony, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Ranthony

Ranthony

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia
    These are my three of my stringed toys. ANy donations accepted.....

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice!:D But, what's that ugly thing on the right?:p:D

3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    What is that thing on the left, some type of pickup? I have never seen that before.

Dan

4. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Roland GK2b pickup, for V-bass unit.

Gk2b on Jazz

never seen one that far from the bridge though...is that working pretty good for you?

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I like everything but that tiny little thing on the right.. ;)

6. Ranthony

Ranthony

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Ha HA. That ugly thing on the right is my Strat. I still paly a little guitar to write with. The thing on he left is the V-Bass pick up. Yes it is a little far from the bridge, but on that particular bass, it works fine.

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Ranthony, if you have some V bass samples I'd be glad to host them on my site. We've got a few there already...

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What kind of bass is it? Looks like an Electra, Electra-Phoenix or Electra-Westone.

9. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I thought it might be a Westone at first, but I'll bet it's an Electra Phoenix...

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah its an electra phoenix.. I took a look at the profile :D

11. embellisher

DOH!:oops::p

12. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Someone actually filled out their profile!
    Kudos!

13. RAnthony:
    Very nice gear. How thumpy is that pbass and when using a Jazz vbass patch do you actually feel it sounds like a jazz?
    So now i get to see the GK p'up on the Pbass, so let me ask.. when you are using your vbass, you are running two cords out of the bass? the 13pin cord for the vbass and a regular 1/4" guitar cable from the bass to the back of the vbass as well? then your using both outputs the R output from the vbass and the "out" output from the bass out on the vbass back as well?
    thanks
    frank

14. Ranthony

Ranthony

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Yes it's an Electra Phoenix. I purchased it back in around 1973 or 1974 while I was in High School. It's heavy, but it plays rather well.

15. Ranthony

Ranthony

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia
    FCM3

I am just running the 13 pin out of the G2K into the unit. Then I am running from the regular output from the unit as well as the bass output into my amp. I will post a picture of the J with the pick up ounted son.

16. Ranthony

Ranthony

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia
    FCM3

The J Bass is very thumpy. I have the action set just right for me. I play of lot of everything, so I needed something very flexible. I don't really use the J Bass patch. I use mostly everything but that. I think I use the fretless patch more than anything. I add a touch of chorus and reverb and a lot of phase. I am looking to get a P Bass soon. I wouold use the J for the more laid back tunes, and the P for the 70's funk (Larry Graham, Louis Johnson) stuff that I am in too.

17. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Frank, notice the Fender J w/ GK2b pic I linked a few posts back. You'll see how the output on the bass is connected to the GK2b w/ a short cable that terminates in a small connector. This signal is routed thru the Gk2b via the 13 pin cable, and the switch on the Gk2b pod lets you choose V, V+bass, or just your bass signal from the 1/4 jack.
    All of this runs thru the V bass.

just noticed, Ranthony has his set up this way too. It's the small/short cable running from the output jack on the bass to the GK2b pod...

You can connect your bass seperately by running a cable from your bass 1/4 jack to the 1/4 input on the V, but Roland doesn't recommend it

18. embellisher

Cool! I have an Electra Westone fretless that has the same body shape. But it is light as a feather.

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

19. Mark:
    I don't want to hijack this thread. I understand what your saying, but its not that simple. Could you comment on my vbass post here.
    frank

20. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    thanks Frank, hadn't seen that one yet.
    See you there.
    ( sorry about that elemetary response before, I thought you were just asking how it works. Didn't realize you have one and are having problems)