My Trace Stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basspunk2005, Aug 18, 2005.

1. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
  2. Looks like you guys were rockin'. Cool. Nice stack. It's amazing how good those big Trace stacks look on stage (even to an old guy who plays pop and jazz :)
  3. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    cheers, yea we were the second band out of three to play and it was a really good night. The acoustics were really bad as above the stage it had a pointed ceiling and then the rest of the room had a really high ceiling so everything was reverbarating lots but we still had a good sound and my bass certainly didnt get lost in the mix. Thanks for the comments on my stack:D
  4. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    dude - you got the Mike Dirnt pose happening too!! :cool:
    your rig towers over the marshall stack - and deservedly so...
  5. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    lol well with reguards to the pose - thats not really a suprise, when I first started bass and even now hes the person I look up to in the bass world and when I had first started I would study how he played. I know people say you have to find your own way of doing stuff, but even though my playing style is similar to Mikes its also the most comfortable way for me to play as well. Lastly about the Marshall stack lol yea im glad to see it tower over it, out of the 3 bands I had the biggest stack.
  6. bet the Dirnt sounds killer through that rig. Very nice!

In the coming weeks I may have my own new Trace set up to show off.

Oops... I've said too much. ;)
  7. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    Yea it sounds amazing and it easily cuts through both the guitars and drums in my band. It sounds 500 times better than my Fender P which is also in that picture. Post up some snaps of your new trace stuff when you get it :bassist:
  8. Of course I will.. err.. what new trace stack? ;)

Muwhahaa. Don't want to say any more - as I'll probably end up disappointed! :p
  9. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    Everyone post their views and comments about my stack.
  10. i could well burst your bubble and blag what you bought :p

the trace stack looks nice tho
  11. Nice Trace stack! Cool pose! :bassist:

Ah memories....I used to have an AH500 head with 1048H cabinet and 1518 cabinet...and boy did it rock! Looked the part as well! Before that I had an AH250 head with the UV that was nice too!

Then my back turned a bit iffy...and I had to downsize! My Ashdown ABM500 with Mini48 and Mini15 cabs doesn't look as grand as the Trace rig........but it sounds every bit as good...and is a whole lot easier to move!
  12. Pfff... Aye, but it's not green!!
    I always find that saying odd, being a Rangers fan all my life :p

13. heh heh - yup the green had a touch of class to it!

Especially the ones with the UV front panel luumination - they just looked the biz!

The Ashdown Blue is OK.......let's face it everything has to be some colour....they could've picked a worse one! Strangely the VU meter does nothing for me....would've preferred the LED type gain level indicator from the Trace amps to that :bag:
  14. I like the idea of the VU meter, but I think the LED is a bit more easier to use/understand.

ironically as i think about it, my buddy who is a hardcore celtic loves ashdown. Go figure!
    I really dog the UV lighting on the Series range of traces. totally awesome! :)

15. Thats a pretty brightly lit venue. The only thing that would make that stack look better would be a V8 sitting on top of those cabs.
  16. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Nice looking rig. Do you really need both cabs though?
  17. 'wiz, ya being serious?
    We're bassists! Power is AUTHORITY!
  18. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002

Ya...I know, but being an old fart, the first thing I always think when I see a big stack is "That's gotta be a pain in the butt to move." With the construction and efficiency of modern 410s, you rarely need more (says me who hauls a 610!)
  19. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    That is one stunningly sweet stack!