Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My TRB with a pickguard, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jan 4, 2004.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Well i got amazingly bored, so i decided that i would get some photos of pickguards and see what they are like on my Yamaha TRB. I only did two though, a P-Bass, and one that reminds me of a pedualla..heres the origianl pic i used incase anyone else wants to play with it.

[​IMG]

2. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Heres the P-Bass

[​IMG]

3. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    And the pedulla one. If someone plays with the picture, it doesnt have to be in white, i know the white doesnt look good, but what color would?

[​IMG]

Cheers
    -Kirbo

4. i say leave it.

but what are planning on doing exactly? buying a pickuard and just sticking it on? i suggest making your own if your gonna put on on there.

5. oh and i like the second one btw looks pretty cool can think of what colour would look could.

6. No, No, NO

Dont do it....it looks pretty with no pg

7. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    haha. calm down bud :D im only seeing what things look like. if there is a type that is amazingly impressive, i may just make one. but not to worry, nothing will be happening tomorrow :)

8. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I dunno man, I'm gonna have to say I'm not liking either of those pickguards.

IMO, Natural wood grain is too beautiful to cover up.

9. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    If you're going to do it, make it something cool, like this I just threw together for ya:

[​IMG]

I think it'd look killer.

10. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Thats kinda cool. Thanks, ill have a play and see what happens ;)

11. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I also don't like any of them - they all take away the sleek, rounded natural look and reduce it to some blocky 2d thing...kind of like a french breadstick vs a slice of hovis.