Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My trio

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Johnnythekid, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Hello there. I just got myself one of those little garage band type page things to host some songs. So I was wondering if anyone would like to listen to a jazzy recording, featuring myself on the double bass. We're just a few 17 year old kids, so the recording quality is a little low. I was just using a Fostex 8-track digital recorder, and it's internal mic. The bass was amplified using Fishman BP-100 pickups, a 2-band Fishman preamp, and my Peavy 800 watt amp head, powering a Peavy 2x10 cab. Any comments, suggestions or questions are more than welcome! Thanks for your time!
    http://www.myspace.com/johnbradfordprojects

John

PS Edit, I changed providers, the other one was a pain in the butt and wouldn't work! :spit:

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I'm getting a "not available" message.

3. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    It must be my speakers at work cause all I hear is piano and drums. I'll get headphones and get back to you.

-Matt

4. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Yeah, the recordings aren't the best. Some speakers you get overwhelming bass, others it's a really good mix, and others, it's really hard to hear the bass solos in. I wish I had money and good recording equipment, haha.

5. Sounds good to me!

6. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Good to hear! Thanks for the kind words, I really apprieciate them. Keeps me enthused, haha.

7. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Sounds good. I like it!

8. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    :D Sorry for the delay.

Sounds pretty good, although I don't think that BP-100 is doin you justice.

Keep at it man.

9. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thanks Nadav.

Matt, I know whatcha mean...gettin' a good sound from it sucks. I'm sure having a more specific amp and a little more knowledge wouldn't hurt, but if this bass were mine I'd definately try something like a Realist or Barbera bridge transducer set up. Thanks a ton for the kind words! I never can have too many comments, haha.