1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

My trio

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Johnnythekid, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Hello there. I just got myself one of those little garage band type page things to host some songs. So I was wondering if anyone would like to listen to a jazzy recording, featuring myself on the double bass. We're just a few 17 year old kids, so the recording quality is a little low. I was just using a Fostex 8-track digital recorder, and it's internal mic. The bass was amplified using Fishman BP-100 pickups, a 2-band Fishman preamp, and my Peavy 800 watt amp head, powering a Peavy 2x10 cab. Any comments, suggestions or questions are more than welcome! Thanks for your time!
    http://www.myspace.com/johnbradfordprojects

John

PS Edit, I changed providers, the other one was a pain in the butt and wouldn't work! :spit:

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I'm getting a "not available" message.

3. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    It must be my speakers at work cause all I hear is piano and drums. I'll get headphones and get back to you.

-Matt

4. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Yeah, the recordings aren't the best. Some speakers you get overwhelming bass, others it's a really good mix, and others, it's really hard to hear the bass solos in. I wish I had money and good recording equipment, haha.

5. Sounds good to me!

6. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Good to hear! Thanks for the kind words, I really apprieciate them. Keeps me enthused, haha.

7. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Sounds good. I like it!

8. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    :D Sorry for the delay.

Sounds pretty good, although I don't think that BP-100 is doin you justice.

Keep at it man.

9. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thanks Nadav.

Matt, I know whatcha mean...gettin' a good sound from it sucks. I'm sure having a more specific amp and a little more knowledge wouldn't hurt, but if this bass were mine I'd definately try something like a Realist or Barbera bridge transducer set up. Thanks a ton for the kind words! I never can have too many comments, haha.