Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My trio

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Johnnythekid, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Here's a link to a few songs my trio recorded. The first two songs are on Double Bass, the last two are on my Electric. I'm playing a Peavy Fury V bass straight into a Peavy 800 watt head and 2x10 cabinet. We just come up with the songs as we play them pretty much. We just come up with a main line, and then try to expand on it throughout the song. We're all 17 years old at the moment, so it's pretty cool for a few high schoolers. The recording equipment is about what you'd expect from some 17 year olds though. It's just a little Fostex 8-track digital recorder. I got some bad wolfe tones on the second upright song too. Anywho, now that I've talked everyone to sleep, here's the link!
    http://www.myspace.com/johnbradfordprojects

Any comments, questions, suggestions or construtive critisism is welcome. Thanks for your time!

John

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Sounds really great. I'm in a trio and we're playing at a music festival in February...we haven't really rehearsed yet though :eek: . Sounds really good, you've got a sweet groove on that first song. Gonna listen to the others after, and edit this post for further feedback.

3. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the sounds. Looking forward to your other comments. Thanks a lot,
    John

4. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    That sounded pretty smooth man. Nice drums

5. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thanks man. Brian will be diggin' getting good feedback on his drumming, he works at it, but he loves it. We all love it though. Thanks for the kind words man.