Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My trip to Guitar Center today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWBass, Feb 4, 2005.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Sigh!! Well, I guess I'm keeping my Lakland! I went in, without my bass at first, and walked around eyeballing all sorts of instruments when my eye caught hold of a beautiful Fender MM sig. 4 string! Oh my!! I told the dude, I want to check it out! I plugged that thing in and whoa!! What a great sounding bass! I 'fingered' it! I 'slapped' it! The thing just sang to me! The neck is beautiful! The binding, the mother of pearl inlays, the maple! I want it! I ask the guy to check out my Lakland and see if he could give me a 'fair' trade value for it! The MM was going for $649. I expected maybe a $100 loss on my Lakland! No big deal, right? Dude comes back and offers me $349 for my Lakland!! ***??? A brand new f**kin' Lakland?? No way was I taking that kind of loss so I'm having the onsite guitar tech do a thorough setup on my bass for me. I tell you what though, I'm going to own a MM before the end of this year, somehow! I was playing it through a SWR Workingmans 2x10 400w combo and that Fender sounded so sweet!! I wanna hear testimonials to the the Marcus Miller Bass!! Lawd, that is a nice bass!

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Lakland 55-01? Haha been there done that. I got a hook up at GC, so they gave me $450 for mine. Stupidest thing I've ever done. I now own a Marcus Miller 4 in sunburst. I love it.

~Patrick

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :smug:

:D

carry on, carry on, just messin' round'