My trip to Guitar Center today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWBass, Feb 4, 2005.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Sigh!! Well, I guess I'm keeping my Lakland! I went in, without my bass at first, and walked around eyeballing all sorts of instruments when my eye caught hold of a beautiful Fender MM sig. 4 string! Oh my!! I told the dude, I want to check it out! I plugged that thing in and whoa!! What a great sounding bass! I 'fingered' it! I 'slapped' it! The thing just sang to me! The neck is beautiful! The binding, the mother of pearl inlays, the maple! I want it! I ask the guy to check out my Lakland and see if he could give me a 'fair' trade value for it! The MM was going for $649. I expected maybe a $100 loss on my Lakland! No big deal, right? Dude comes back and offers me $349 for my Lakland!! ***??? A brand new f**kin' Lakland?? No way was I taking that kind of loss so I'm having the onsite guitar tech do a thorough setup on my bass for me. I tell you what though, I'm going to own a MM before the end of this year, somehow! I was playing it through a SWR Workingmans 2x10 400w combo and that Fender sounded so sweet!! I wanna hear testimonials to the the Marcus Miller Bass!! Lawd, that is a nice bass!
  2. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Lakland 55-01? Haha been there done that. I got a hook up at GC, so they gave me $450 for mine. Stupidest thing I've ever done. I now own a Marcus Miller 4 in sunburst. I love it.

3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

carry on, carry on, just messin' round'